Chapter V: - "The Council Of The Seonee Hills Wolf Pack"

The Wolf Pack Of The Great Seonee Hills had their Great Council and its Council Rock set at a small gorge area with a rock and a tree on top of a high plateau and cliff edge with a waterfall nearby it. It all could be reached through various pathways, and all with this area being a place that could overlook all of The Jungles from among and as much of all of the rest of The Wilds as possible.

Akela stood on the rock itself as the leader of The Seonee Hills Wolf Pack's Council and also whilst as The Wolf Pack Leader. He had no mate, and was with primarily grey fur mixed with some traces of white for it. All of the wolves were howling to declare that a session of Time For Some Council had begun, as if like a bell were ringing for order to come into Council Session Time Events.

"Nisha, you have called for Council to come along." Said Akela, "Whatsoever is the matter in need of addressing?"

Briefly Nisha had paused. She knew that some would object to this, in consideration with how some of them took excessive pride in their having been born as wolves and their devotion to their membership being taken to such excess that they believed that only wolves could have any say, and were wont to resent the idea of anyone not born a wolf being "pack members". Yet Nisha also knew that the truth would be necessary. Quickly Nisha, after this pause and her head being held low for a little bit, lifted her head up as if for professionalism and spoke up.

"We found .... a Man's-Cub." Confessed Nisha.

Many of the wolves, as she had feared and knew, began chattering out in shock, some among them in great and resentful protest, most especially including among them two male wolves and one female between them.

"That is not a wolf!" Protested the first male.

"That doesn't belong here! It has no place among us!" Objected the female.

"A Man's-Cub! Outrageous!!!!" Added the second male wolf.

Fortunately Akela silenced them all with a great snarl, as if to put them all most especially including those three in their place. Then he calmed down, and said "Well Everyone, now then, if it may be something to say, then for most certainty this is all but rather most unusual indeed." After Akela paused for a moment to look at the human infant, he turned his head back up to the pack.

"Nisha, you wish to raise this cub, as if he were your own?" Asked Akela.

"I do." Said Nisha with a proud smile. Many of the wolves howled in shock, and many among them in protest.

"And Vihaan, you too?" Asked Akela of the one himself.

After a brief pause, Vihaan gave his answer, "I do.".

"It's a Man's-Cub!" Protested another male wolf in resentment.

"Very Well!" Said Akela, silencing any objection again, "You all know The Law. This cub was not born among us."

As Akela had spoken, he paced a bit around the rock by the tree and then stood before the pack again.

"So, who, here, speaks for the cub?" Asked Akela.

Then A Male Deer's corpse had been brought here by quite a rather familiar figure to the pack. It was Bagheera The Black Panther, who had then started panting mildly as if having arrived in a slight rush.

"I speak for the cub!" He panted in confirmation, "The Law states that the life of a cub.... may be bought .... for a price. So I have brought my payment."

"We have one." Acknowledged Akela as many wolves began barking eagerly for meat to feast on from off of this dead male deer, and then he asked, "Who else shall speak for the cub?"

"Baloo does." Answered Bagheera, nudging his head towards the slightly sleepy looking, gruff and serious appearing brown bear with a slight sneer in the left side of his lip. This bear was large-framed, and was wont to only eat fish, nuts and honey and many other reasons as to why he was here. And yes, this bear was Baloo. He had a few scars on right face including with his right of his two brown eyes set in between these very scars, and one bruise on his face to the top right of top part for the right part whilst of his face, as well as a feature about his face that sometimes caused the lower part of the left half of his lips would hang downwards in dependence upon whatsoever moods that he was in, and also sometimes he would move his lower jaw left or right, which would cause for either of his sharper two of his lower sharp teeth to thus be shown a little more than usual, at the least even for a brown bear of all The Lands Of India, like himself.

"Baloo?!??!?" Asked One Male.

The Bear had then snapped out of his slightly sleepy appearance and stared at Bagheera with wide eyes. "Bagheera?!??!?" He asked, incredulously.

"He is not a wolf!!!! Therefore he has no say!!!!!" Objected The First Male Wolf from earlier, as did the female between him and the second male, saying that "the fat old fool" as they called him could not hunt any deer even if he tried to, because of how slow he was.

Yet Bagheera snapped at those three. "That is quite enough out of you three! And that goes for anyone else that wants to insult him for not being a wolf despite his membership!" He roared out at them, getting those three and all else to stay silent, before then reminding them, "Now Baloo is a teacher of your cubs, and so that makes him a member of your pack!"

Baloo looked at Akela incredulously and at first snickered, "Oh I .... Well I ein't speakin' for a Man's-Cub!" He called to Akela in doing so, and then he turned to Bagheera and said "Bagheera, have you lost your mind?!??!? A Man's-Cub living in The Jungles, let alone The Wilds?!??!?"

Bagheera then told them all of how he found the little infant all alone and out with no one nearby to protect him, and that therefore it needed for a people to protect him, and that if this were to happen, he and Baloo might as well be its only hope, as would the pack.

Then Baloo changed his statement.

As some of the many howling wolves continued in their howling protest, Akela stepped towards the male human infant and looked it into its brown eyes, briefly sniffing at it and in the process of that and looking into its eyes thus all but seeing absolutely no fear whatsoever. The little one had simply just looked back at him. And Akela then looked at the wolf pack and Baloo and Bagheera.

"Akela, his parents will come!" Protested the female wolf from earlier, right when all of a sudden, a loud roar had sounded out.

Then all of the pack, Baloo and Bagheera had turned and saw who it was. It was a tiger with a slight deformity in his front right leg that caused it to have to be on the ground frontal first, due to its nature, for that tiger to have a few claws sticking out a little more than usual and for that tiger to have a slight limp as a result; that tiger also had a scar across his left eye and both his eyes were blue but were capable of changing from it to bloodlike red mixed with lots more yellow at certain points. A stripped hyena among scavenging wild canine dogs like hyenas and jackals and dholes - the third of whom were and still are also known as Red Dogs - was walking with this tiger. This scavenging wild canine dog was Tabaqui, and as for this tiger he was walking with ......

It was Shere Khan.