𝟑. 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤

𝐈t has officially been a week since the incident at Ella's house, and Kafeyah still haven't talked nor saw her in the past week feeling too ashamed of herself

She swore to Ella that she was trying, but in reality she couldn't. She tried everything but nothing worked. Kafeyah knew that if she kept eating less and less and it would finish bad, very bad. But she couldn't bring herself to eat. She knew that was she needed right now was probably the help of a professional. But her mind was telling her otherwise.

It was now going on 2:50 pm and she was just getting home from work. Fortunately for her they were on spring break meaning she had two weeks off.

Kafeyah dropped her purse on her couch and began making her way to her bathroom to take a very hot bath, after a long day she needed it.

She turned on the water and let the tub fill up with water while she put soap in it and a pink bath bomb that she got from Lush.

She connected her phone to the speakers and played her R&B playlist.

You tell me get away but you don't mean that
You tell me leave you alone but you don't need that

Once the tub was completely filled up, she undressed herself and put her hair up in a bun before letting the hot water hit her skin.

So why you wanna love me so bad
Why you wanna love me so bad

She thought about life, and what life would've been if her twin brother was still alive. The death of her brother Kamiri was one of the reasons she stopped eating.

Haven't you heard about my miserable past
Critical past

Kamiri and Kafeyah were very close, they were actually bestfriends, people always envied them because of their bond, they formed 1 and had the perfect chemistry.

But sadly Kamiri got caught up in stuff bigger than him, and got hit in a drive by.

His death made Kafeyah's world split apart. Kamiri was her everything, her twin, her whole world, her escape from this cold world but most importantly her blood.

Pitiful past
I swear no matter what I touch it breaks

Kafeyah lost her blood that day and knew she couldn't get it back.

She often wondered if her brother was proud of her and what she's become. But negative thoughts always flooded in telling her that nobody would be proud of her or that she wasted her life.

So I no longer wanna see your face

Sadly Kafeyah was starting to believe these lies and just stopped trying.

I got the worst luck with love
Worst luck with love

She stopped trying to be better because to her there was no way she could be better.

𒊹𒊹𒊹𒊹

Zymeir on the other hand was high out his mind. His homeboys convinced him to smoke and what was supposed to be one blunt became four.

" Yo you want sum of this?" Rantz asked sliding a bag of percs to him.

" Nah i'm straight" he declined leaning back in his seat.

Zymeir obviously had a weed problem, but he wouldn't admit it.

Maybe I ain't working enough
Hurting enough

" Yo nigga you remember bout them 4's i talked to you about?" Dom asked

Truth be told Dom never talked about 4's to Zymeir. He was just taking advantage of him being high to ask him for money knowing he wouldn't remember the next day, just like every other times.

I swear I got the worst luck with love
The worst luck with love

" Nah why?" he asked slightly frowning.

" Yo ass told me you was gon give me the money to buy em" he smirked

" Oh word? hea'." he gave him a stack.

" Preciate you my boy" he grinned holding the stack up.

" You know i gotchu bro" he nodded

Zymeir leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes letting the sleep takeover, when he was interrupted by knocking on his door.

" Go get that shit" he groaned

" Nigga this yo house" Dom scrunched his face up.

Zymeir sucked his teeth and went to open the door seing Ella with a obvious look of anger on her face.

" What you doin' hea'?" he asked letting her in.

" I went to see how you were doing, cause i ain't see you in a week Zymeir" she crossed her arms—-" You high again?" she shook her head.

Zymeir nodded and looked away.He was slightly embarrassed, he knew he promised to Ella that he was making efforts, but he couldn't see was that his own homeboys were bringing him down with them.

" I thought we discussed this already Kalane, you said you were making efforts" she shook her head

" You know what" she scoffed " I'm done trying with you Zymeir, i did everything in my power to make you stop this shit. You look at me in the face and say that you're making efforts and still do the shit behind my back. You need help Zymeir and it won't be coming from me. I'm done trying to help people who see me as a fool. I for real hope that one day you'll see that this shit ain't good for you" she ranted before slamming the front door on her way out.

Zymeir sighed and went back to the living room. As much as he wanted to stop, there was no way he could be better.

He stopped trying and slowly let the dark take over him.

Maybe I ain't working enough
Ain't hurting enough

TO BE CONTINUED...

so so so what y'all think about this?

song for this chapter: Worst luck by 6lack

vote and comment

love y'all stay safe

-ri is outt 🕊