𝟒𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

continued

continued

    " 𝐆ino!" her eyes lit up as she saw the man she hadn't seen in years standing in front of her.

" Mhm who you?" Zymeir mean mugged him as he looked at him up and down.

" Papa this Gino my brother and Gino this Zymeir my boyfriend" she introduced the two.

" Girl since the fuck when ya' ass got another brotha?" he asked irritated.

" We not blood related papa" she chuckled " He was a big brother to me and Kamiri before we moved" she explained.

" Mhm wassup?" he nodded his head at him still skeptical.

Since the Kamiri situation, Zymeir became very overprotective of Kafeyah if he wasn't already and wouldn't let what took place happen again.

He actually blamed himself for what happened to Kafeyah, because if he didn't let his guard down so easily with her brother he probably would have picked up on his weird behavior way earlier.

" Wassam" he nodded at him " Ian' see ya' ass in forever mook! How you been lady?" he smiled.

" I been living life you know, slowly getting better day by day" she resumed.

" Mhm" he side eyed her  " What ya' ass done did to get in wheelchair now?" he shook his head.

" Don't act like i always been in wheelchairs" she slightly mugged him.

" Girl please" he waved her off  " Ya' ass kept jumping around since diapers " he chuckled.

Zymeir chuckled and shook his head, Kafeyah did look like a stubborn and very active child.

" Aht shut up" she shook her head " But i fell down some stairs" she lied.

Kafeyah still wasn't comfortable with speaking on her car accident, so she made up a lie hopping that he would leave it alone, which he did.

" Mhm i know you lyin' but ian' gon pressure you" he nodded.

" Thank you" she weakly smiled as she played with the fabric of her shirt.

She was wearing a basic white Tee, the basketball shorts that Zymeir bought her for her birthday and her slides.

" When you got back down hea'?" he asked confused that he hadn't heard from her ever since she moved.

" A couple months ago, we bought a house here" she pointed at her and Zymeir.

" I see you doin' big boss moves" he proudly smiled  " Ya' brotha would've been proud" he sadly smiled.