Chapter 10 // Her Last Move

I stuffed a piece of toast in my mouth as I grabbed my backpack, heading out the door.

"Bye, munchkin! Don't sit in front of the TV too long, okay?" I shouted after I had a free hand to put my toast in.

"Yeah, yeah" I heard back as I closed the door, trapping the sounds of Phineas and Ferb within the house.

I looked over at Logan's house, wondering where he was considering I was running late myself, yet he wasn't even out of the house yet.

I sat down on the bench by the bus stop, eyeing his house, knowing that the bus would be here any minute now. Yet I still didn't see the blonde haired boy that was most likely going to miss the bus if he didn't come out right this second.

That's when the bus pulled up and my wonder turned into worry.

I tried walking slowly, delaying the bus in hopes he would come running out. Yet the bus doors closed and I took my seat, staring out the window.

The bus began moving as my hopes died, leaving me frowning with scrunched up eyebrows.

That's when I saw the movement I had been looking for ever since I left my house; a blonde haired boy, sprinting beside the bus, waving his hands like a maniac.

"Uh, there's someone outside! Stop the bus!" I stumbled out, not used to shouting in a crowd.

With that the bus came to a sharp halt, causing me to fly forward, crashing sideways into the seat in front of me.

"Ow...ugh." I mumbled out, trying to recover from my embarrassing moment.

I looked up just in time to see Logan enter the bus, looking straight at me.

"Hey, I can't believe you almost missed the bus!" I whisper shouted, considering everyone was still quiet from Logan's sprinting and my yelling.

He let out a laugh as he took a seat, adding "It was quite a rush, wasn't it."

"A rush is one way to put it - or perhaps a better way to put it would be a panic attack!"

He laughed harder at my stern face and words.

"A change of pace is good every once in a while, don't ya think?"

"I wouldn't exactly agree, but at least it keeps things interesting..."

"Exactly," he responded, knowing he was right.

It was quiet for a second when I thought back to something that made me stifle a laugh.

"You did look pretty funny sprinting beside the bus while waving your arms around like a freak!" I continued laughing, holding my stomach.

His face held a fake look of hurt, before he flashed me a smirk out of nowhere.

"Yeah, well I wouldn't be talking little miss I-crash-into-the-seat-in-front-of-me-every-time-the-bus-stops." he teased sarcastically, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Oh, shut up," I joked, pushing his shoulder towards the aisle.

"Woah! Harper! Resorting to violence!" he said in the most dramatic voice he could come up with.

I just laughed, waving him off.

-----

"Bye!" I waved, entering my math classroom.

"See ya!" Logan replied as he left for his own class.

I sat in my usual spot near the back, trying to sike myself up for what I'm planning on doing during my spare.

It took awhile - but then again so did my classes - to build up enough confidence to go through with it, but soon enough my lunch period came around and it was time to put my plan into action.

I was going to confront Madison Haze and get my closure.

I had thought about it for a long time, and I felt like closure would be the best thing for me to be able to move on.

She clearly doesn't want anything to do with me, so this is my last move.