Chapter 14 // Unsure Intentions

The bus ride home was long.

Thoughts from lunch flooded my mind as I stared out the window, causing me to feel miserable, yet glad that it meant my mind wasn't drifting to the very noticeable disappearance of the blonde-headed boy next door.

Why he didn't show up to the bus loop after school, I don't know.

Yet I couldn't help but look out the window, expecting to see him somehow running alongside the bus - despite already being far past the school.

It was a near impossible idea, yet the possibility still lingered in my scattered brain.

I stepped off the bus, expecting to head straight inside, maybe taking a glance at his house, despite knowing he wasn't going to be there either way.

Well, I guess I was right about one thing, he wasn't at his house - but he was at mine.

I stopped halfway up my driveway, staring at Logan as he sat on the steps to the front door, before continuing towards him.

As I got closer he looked up at me, a bit of worry in his features - something I wasn't used to seeing nor expecting.

"Hey, I'm so sorry I missed the bus. I was talking with Madison after my last class and totally lost track of time. She ended up dropping me off here," he rushed out.

"It's all good, I don't expect you to always be on the bus," I said, putting on a forced smile as I stood there awkwardly, unsure of what to do next.

"No, it isn't all good. I really am sorry. I always look forward to sitting on the bus with you," he stressed, looking me dead in the eye.

This time the smile that slowly formed on my face was real.

"Thanks for the explanation. Although I hope you know you don't owe me one. I do really enjoy sitting on the bus with you too, but that doesn't mean that you should feel bad if you miss the bus every once in a while."

I wanted to know if his intentions in explaining his absence was because he thought he had to, thinking I would be mad or something, or if he genuinely wanted to sit on the bus with me.

I was a little unsure to be honest, but I felt like I needed to know in order to figure out how to correctly respond further.

He smiled at this, just looking at me for a second.

"I know. I just wish I could've been there. We always have a ton of fun on those bus rides!" he finished with a grin, bumping my shoulder with his which caused him to stand a little closer to me.

I grinned back, leaving us in a comfortable silence.

"Hey, if you want, you could come over!" he suddenly exclaimed, pointing his thumb beside him at his house.

Although the thought of going to Logan Moore's house and potentially going into his room was nerve wracking, I was actually really excited and happy he offered.

So with that I nodded my head and we headed to Logan's house.

"Are you excited to show me your rock collection?" I asked sarcastically, hoping it would help lighten my own nerves.

"Oh, I am very excited. You're going to love it. Last time I went through it, it took me about two hours, so you may want to text your parents to let them know you won't be back for at least three," he finished with a wink.

A slight heat rushed to my face, most likely tinting my cheeks in red.

"I really can't tell if you're being serious or not whenever it comes to this rock collection of yours..."

"Then maybe you shouldn't bring it up," he responded with a smile, mischief glinting in his eyes. "-and yes, I'm being serious."

"Oh boy..."