Chapter 39 // L-O-G-A-N

Hey guys! Sorry my posting hasn't been very predictable lately like I usually like it to be.
I always try to prioritize school and my life outside of Wattpad, because although I love writing and creating these stories on here, this is just a beloved hobby for now. I hope one day it'll become something more, but sometimes my attention is required elsewhere, preventing me from finishing edits in time for posting.
I hope you all understand and will still enjoy reading chapter by chapter as they come, even if it's a little later than intended.
Thank you for being here, and as always, enjoy ❤️
•~~~~~~•

The bell rang as I collected my things, attempting to exit the classroom without being trampled, the other students eager to get to the cafeteria for lunch.

There were two more days until the big game on Wednesday, four more days until the last day of school, and exactly nine days until prom. I felt the added stress of it all as I calculated the number of days in my head.

This meant that every senior student was either studying, or partying their butts off - and in addition to that, all of the football players, cheerleaders, and band students were all preparing for Wednesday, looking to end the year with something to remember.

"Hey," Alex greeted, glancing at me before looking back at her book.

"Hi, how are you?" I replied, settling into the spot next to her.

"Well now that school's almost over, pretty great. You?"

"You don't enjoy school?" I questioned, reaching into my light purple backpack for food and my book.

"You do?" she raised an eyebrow, now laying her book flat on the laminate, circular table.

I shrugged, asking myself the same question.

I did at one point, back when I was still best friends with Madison. I loved it, actually.

After she broke off our friendship I realized I didn't really have anyone else, leaving school work to be the only thing I somewhat enjoyed about it all. But what about now?

I thought about Logan and how I've become more comfortable in my classes, as well as with myself, leading me towards one answer.

"Yeah, I really like school," I responded, more depth behind my next words than she could probably ever know.

She shook her head, letting a small smile slip.

"Alright, well good for you then."

I smiled back at her when a loud voice caught my attention. We both turned to find the owner of that very voice being - of course - the one and only Madison Haze.

"Give me an L!" she suddenly shouted, raising her arms in the shape of an 'L' as the rest of the people at her table copied her, shouting out the letter.

"Give me an O!" she continued, until she finished spelling out a certain name.

"What does that spell? Logan! The quarterback of Wednesday's football game! Don't miss it, people!" she finished, giggling as she pointed towards the doors of the cafeteria.

On cue, everyone turned the direction that she pointed, seeing Logan already more than a few steps into the room.