Chapter 31 // With You

Hey! Hope you're all doing well! Here's this week's chapter. Enjoy ❤️
•~~~~~~•

"I know you're fine but what a fallout," I sang along, scribbling some stuff down as I attempted to complete my homework.

"'Fallout' by Marianas Trench...huh..." I suddenly heard from behind me as my music stopped playing.

I whipped my head around, finding a curious-looking Avery staring at my phone.

"Hey! How did you get in here?"

"I mean it wasn't all that difficult considering you have the music so loud that you can't hear anything else - nevermind the door opening," she deadpanned.

"Why does everyone keep saying I always have my music too loud?" I wondered out loud.

"Maybe because it's always too loud, you dummy."

"Hey! Get out of my room already, twerp!" I exclaimed, half joking, throwing a pillow at her as she ran out of my room, squealing.

I heard her loud laughter from down the hall causing me to smile and roll my eyes all at the same time.

I picked up my phone and pressed play once again, enjoying the song, when I noticed Logan holding up his notebook to the window in the corner of my vision.

I quickly hit pause on my phone, and stopped to read what he wrote.

"Just when I thought the loud music was finally over, you had to go and press play again..."

I let out a laugh, loving how he always seemed to hear my music from his bedroom, way too much.

"Sorry, but if you're looking to escape 'the loud music', then maybe you shouldn't be going to a party tonight," I wrote, enjoying how comfortable I've become joking around with him.

"Yeah...maybe not the best idea - but then again I actually enjoy hearing your music playing. It's sort of comforting in a way."

My eyes widened slightly, shocked at his comment.

"Oh? I thought it was too loud for you?"

I saw a grin creep onto his face as he read what was on my notepad.

"I might have been over exaggerating a tad when it came to volume." I saw him lift up with a shrug.

"Well, apparently you weren't the only one who thought it was loud," I wrote reminiscing.

He smiled, taking a quick glance at the clock in his room before widening his eyes and quickly writing something.

"I have to get going."

"Oh, yeah. No problem. Bye Logan."

"Bye Harper."

I had just finished reading his last comment when he threw the notepad on his bed, collecting his jacket and waving at me, before bolting out the door.

I smiled at his haste, although it didn't last long once I remembered where he was running off to.

It wasn't the fact that he was going to a party that bothered me - in fact, I wasn't even fully sure what did.

Maybe it was because I knew that he was most likely going with Madison.

Or maybe it was because I didn't have the confidence, myself, to even think about going to a party - even after what he had said on the bus - despite wanting to go with him.

I had never been one to go to parties, nor envied anyone who did.

But for the first time in my life, I found myself wishing I was at that very place with Logan, instead of my room - the one place I thought I'd never tire of.