Chapter 12 // Backing Out

I hesitantly looked over at Logan, finally tearing away from Madison's cold stare.

Tell me this isn't who we're sitting with.

I know I was planning on confronting her, but not like this.

First of all, I don't want to do it in front of Logan or anyone else for that matter, but I don't know if I'll be able to actually get her to come with me to talk somewhere else.

To be honest, I have no idea what I was planning on doing before, either. I guess I was just hoping she wasn't already sitting somewhere and was maybe alone already?

Okay, I guess I didn't really have an execution plan in the first place...

Second, I don't even know if I have the strength or courage to confront her right now.

My stomach is nauseous and I feel disoriented.

I'm quite frankly scared of what she may do or say to me while I'm sitting here too - never mind confronting her.

I realized I was still staring at Logan while I was going through this nervous breakdown in my head, and that he was actually staring back, eyebrows furrowed.

I attempted a smile, although I'm not sure if it actually looked like one. If anything, it was probably more of a grimace considering the way I was feeling at the moment.

He opened his mouth, just about to tell me something when Madison cut in.

"Are you going to sit down or what?"

We both looked at her, watching her brow raise, looking as annoyed as ever.

Logan took one more glance at me before sitting down two seats away from her.

There was an empty seat between the two of them that I was standing right next to, but I couldn't bear to take it.

Instead I awkwardly scanned the table, slowly maneuvering my way to the chair on the other side of Logan, hoping I didn't look bad in the process.

Just in case I gave her a small smile hoping she wouldn't take offence to it.

She's already so mad at me, why poke the bear?

But to my surprise, when I looked up to offer that smile, she was already staring at me, an unreadable expression at first that slowly sank into a smirk.

I've never been a part of drama, especially drama regarding 'populars', but I knew as soon as I saw her smirk that I was going to be pulled into it.

And it was the last thing I wanted.