Chapter 15

HAPPY NEW YEAR, GUYS! I wish you all the best for 2013!

And sorry for not uploading earlier!

~ ~ ~

Niall’s POV

After finishing our cup of tea, I took everything to the sink and began to wash it quickly. We thought that it was the perfect time to take Bree home, so we could all rest and get ready for later tonight. I don’t exactly know what the lads’ plans are, but most likely they have decided to go to a club. I really don’t have a problem, but it’s Bree the party type of person?

“Bree, we have decided to go to a club tonight. Is that alright with you?” Liam asks, as if he is reading my mind.

“Uhm, I’ve never been to a club before because of the drinking age in the states, but sure, I guess I’d love to know one,” she explains, laughing a bit. And I have to smile at this. I’m glad that she wants to go with us.

“Are we ready to go?” I ask. They both nod and we make our way outside. I lock the door and walk towards the elevator to go downstairs. We get to the car and get inside, waiting patiently until we arrive to Paul’s house. The drive there is a quiet one, but it’s not that awkward. Luckily Liam knows how to make good conversation, so he asks questions here and there. Suddenly, a phone rings. Is not my ringtone, so I turn to look at Bree even though I know it’s not hers either. A Jay-Z ringtone is something that Liam would have.

“Hey Mum,” He says when he answers, and a smile is on his lips. I smile at the view because I know how it feels talking to your mum after a while. Speaking of which, I should call my family when we come back.

I turn to look at Bree, which is by my side, and a sad expression is in her face. It reminds me of the one she had when we were having dinner the time we met her, or the one she had this afternoon at the London Eye. It’s true, I’ve noticed that she’s been feeling kind of down. I’m not sure of why, but when I try to ask her, she tries to convince me she’s fine. Even though I know it’s not the complete truth, I let it go because I know she just met us, and that she can’t completely trust us. I want to let her know that she can, and that was part of the reason of why I told her that she could trust us when we were upstairs in my flat. Even at that moment, she had tears in her eyes. I don’t want to push her to tell me things, but she has to know that I really mean those words. Even though I just met her, I feel like I have to protect her.

I put my hand by her knee and she looks up at me. This time, surprise is written all over her face and at the same time I notice how easily I can read her. Most of the time I’m always distracted and I’m not completely sure what’s happening with everyone, but with her, with her it’s different. “You look tired,” I say. “You can lay your head in my shoulder, if you want.” She gives me the smallest smile ever, and after muttering a ‘thanks’ she lays her head on my shoulder.

She might be tired, but I’m sure that she was feeling sad as well. I didn’t notice I was staring at her until Liam cleared his throat to remind me that he was there. I turn to look at him, but Bree stays with her head in my shoulder.

“Is she asleep?” He asks in a whisper. I look at her again, and I can see that her eyes are closed.

“I’m not sure,” I answer. “I guess so.” He nods and then we stay quiet again. “How’s your mom?” I ask, so it wasn’t that awkward.

“She’s okay,” He replies. “She says hi, by the way,” I just nod.

A few minutes later, the car comes to a stop. Andy, the one driving, lets us know that we’re here and that’s when I start to wake up Bree. “Wake up, Bree,” I say, shaking her lightly. “We’re here.”

Her eyes flutter open and she looks around, kind of disoriented. I find this adorable and I chuckle a little. She looks at me and her eyes widen.

“I’m so sorry,” she says. “I didn’t mean to fall asleep.”

“Hey, that’s fine,” I reply almost interrupting her, and I see her blush lightly. We get out of the car, and lead her to the front door. Liam presses the doorbell and we wait for someone to open the door. Paul opens it a moment later and he’s kind of surprised to see us there.

“Oh, I didn’t expect you guys to come this early,” He says.

“Us either,” Liam replies. “Zayn, Louis and Harry were tired, so we decided to rest and go out tonight. I bet Bree wants to see London at night,” He says looking at Bree. She just smiles and starts walking closer to her uncle.

Paul laughs. “Those guys, always being so lazy,” He says, making us laugh as well.

“Well, we’ll pick you up tonight,” Liam says, looking at Bree. She smiles and walks closer to him, giving him a hug.

“See you tonight,” She replies. She pulls away and then walks towards me, giving me a hug as well. “Thank you for everything,” she adds.

I smile. “It’s nothing,” I reply. “We love hanging out with you.” she just smiles and walks back to Paul’s side.

“Well, thank you boys,” Paul says. “I’ll see you later.”

We said goodbye one more time, and then Liam and I walk back to the car. It’s a short and quiet ride back home, but I’m not complaining. A nap sounds really good right now, so when we arrive, Liam and I go directly to our flats. I decide that calling my mum was a good idea, remembering what happened back in the car. After talking to her for a while, I decide to call my dad and I have the opportunity to talk to my brother as well, since they were together. After telling me that everything was fine and some of the things they’ve been up to, I feel a little better. It’s nice to talk to them once in a while because that way you have more to talk about, but I won’t lie, I miss them so much and I get homesick quite a lot, but I’m happy that the lads are always there for me as I’m there for them.

After hanging up, I go up to my room and lay in bed thinking of everything that has happened today. I’m quite excited for tonight, and I can’t stop thinking about it. Something tells me that it’s going to be a good night, but also something tells me that something not-so-good it’s going to happen. Before I know it, I fall asleep after going back to what happened today and thinking of what’s going to happen tonight. I just hope we all have fun, especially Bree because she deserves it. I don’t know why she’s feeling sad, but she needs to know that she has new friends and that she has new people that care about her. She needs to know that we are here for her and that she can trust us. I feel like it can be hard to let her know that, but I will try my best. Bree is someone really special, and even though I’ve known her for a day, I feel like I’ve known her since forever. I don’t know why is she so special to me, but ever since the very first day I saw her, I felt protective and just… attracted to her. Ever since that day I saw her at the mall, I can’t stop thinking about her. She has something that makes me like her so much, and I’m pretty sure I’m starting to like her more than a friend.

~ ~ ~

Finally you get to see Niall's POV!

Did you like it? Yes/No? Please comment and let me know! :)

Also, don't forget to vote! And I'm thinking of updating two days a week so it can be more organized. Let me know what you think and which days would you prefer! :)