Chapter 39

Bree’s POV

We finally arrive to the venue and not surprisingly we can hear some fans screaming from the entrance even though we are entering from the back. These girls really know how to scream.

We all walk in and head towards the green room. The boys are told to get ready since they have to do some interviews with some radio stations that are here, but before they’re gone Niall walks towards me with a big smile on his face.

“Babe, guess who’s here?” He says and at this my eyes widen.

“Is your family here?” I ask, getting more and more nervous.

“That’s right,” He replies, taking my hand. “My family and some friends, but I want you to meet my family first.”

“Okay,” I reply, not knowing what else to say.

“Don’t be nervous, everything is going to be okay,” He says with a smile, pecking my lips later. I nod and take a deep breath before he starts leading the way towards where his family is.

When we walk into the room, I can see a woman with a younger man sitting in a couch. In front of them there’s another man talking with them. When Niall and I walk in, all eyes are on us and I seriously can’t remember being this nervous before.

I really don’t understand why I am being this nervous, but then again thinking of not making a good impression on Niall’s family doesn’t sound great. I don’t want them to hate me because that would be really bad. But I shouldn’t be this nervous when I’m just meeting new people. I’ve met tons of new people before, although I’ve never been good at it.

“Niall!” The woman exclaims, standing from the couch and throwing herself at him. Niall laughs and hugs her immediately, letting go of my hand in the process. I’m guessing this is his mom. The picture of seeing him with her brings me joy. I know how difficult it is to be apart from the people you love. The good thing is that Niall still has the opportunity to see her once in a while. I’m not getting sad though, I can’t be sad in this moment. I’m strong and I’ve been through a lot these past month, and you know what they say, ‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.’

“Hi mum,” Niall replies, caressing her back and then pulling away. The woman kisses his cheek and then pulls away so that he can say hello to the rest of his family. “Hi dad,” He says, shaking his dad’s hand and then hugging him.

“Hello son,” His dad replies, patting his back. When Niall pulls away, he walks towards to the other man and gives him a hug.

“Greg,” he says, nodding once when they pull away. Niall then makes eye contact with me and walks towards me, standing my side later. “Everybody, I want you to meet Bree, my girlfriend.”

“Hii,” I say, waving a little. “Niall has said tons of things about you guys, I was really excited to meet you,” I say. Now that wasn’t a lie. Niall was talking nonstop about his family and he was getting me all excited. Of course I was nervous, but the excitement was greater.

“Oh, and he has say so many things about you, sweetie,” Niall’s mom says. “We were all excited to meet the girl that stole our little Niall’s heart,” She added.

“Muum,” Niall whines, but it only makes me giggle.

“My name’s Maura, this is Niall’s dad Bobby, and that over there is Greg, Niall’s brother,” She explains. “Come join us, I want to know everything about you,” she says, pulling me towards the couch she was sitting in before.

“Well, I’ll leave you guys at it. I need to do some interviews, but I’ll be back once I’m done,” Niall says as he walks towards the door. “And mom, please don’t tell her embarrassing stories about me.” He says.

His mom frowns. “But that’s the first thing I wanted to do,” She says, making Niall roll her eyes playfully and making me giggle. When Niall left, they all started asking questions about me and honestly I felt quite comfortable. Let’s just say I wasn’t that nervous anymore.

After half an hour of talking with Niall’s family, he came back. But not alone. I could hear him in the hallway talking with some other guys, but I know it wasn’t the boys. When he open the door with some boys and girls I didn’t know, my statement was proven right.

“I’m back,” Niall says, pointing out the obvious. “And look who’s here!” He exclaims. In that moment, Niall’s family greet the rest of the boys and girls, and in that moment I realize that these must be Niall’s friends from school.

When everyone’s done greeting each other, I realize it’s my turn. I stand up from the couch and move to Niall’s side. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer. “Guys, girls, this is my girlfriend Bree,” He introduces me. There are two boys and two girls, and everyone says hi and is quite nice with me.

Everyone except one girl.

~ ~ ~

Short and sucky chapter, I'm sorry! But hey, better this than nothing, right?

I'm sorry that I haven't been updating normally, but i'm just trying to have fun this summer with the people I don't normally see. I hope you understand!

Please let me know what you think in the comments, and don't forget to vote! I'd really appreciate it if you do! :)

<3

~ Mari