Chapter 35

Niall’s POV

It is almost twelve in the morning and I still haven’t called Bree or just go to her room since it’s across from mine. I don’t know why I can’t do it. I’m surprised of the way I reacted to her and what surprises me the most is how she was getting mad at me.

Way too mad.

I don’t blame her though. She has all the rights to be mad at me. I was a complete idiot to her, and I bet I made her feel worst with what I was saying. I really want to go to her and apologize. I want to hug her and kiss her and tell her how sorry I am for everything I said. I want to tell her that from now on I won’t say anything like that to her and that I will only support her and be there for her when she needs me. I just want things to get better between us, but I just don’t have the courage to go, and it frustrates me because I really don’t know why?

Well, first of all I’ve never had that initiative of saying sorry to someone, even if it’s my fault, like in this case. But right now, I don’t feel that’s the reason why. Is it pride? Maybe.

But no, I can’t be that stupid. There’s got to be something else, but while I figure it out, I need to man up and go to her and apologize.

Bree doesn’t deserve that. No one does. And I’m her boyfriend for crying out loud, I need to make things right. For me, for her… for us.

And that’s what I’m going to do.

But before I can move from the spot on my bed, there’s a knock in my door. I get really nervous all of a sudeen. What if it’s Bree? What I’m I going to say? For God’s sake Niall, just do things right for once.

I walk towards the door and look through the peephole. I let out a sigh of relief when I see it’s only Zayn. I open the door and step aside so he can come in. Once he does, I close the door and turn to look at him.

“What’s u--?”

“You’re an ass,” He says at the same time.

I frown, but then realize that probable he talked to Bree already. I let out a sigh and walk towards the bed, sitting at the end of it. “Don’t remind me,” I reply.

“If you know it, then why don’t you go and apologize?” He asks. “Bree feels really bad, mate, you really should go to her,” He adds, and my heart breaks a little when I hear him say that Bree is feeling bad. She doesn’t need to feel bad. She did the right thing in responding to me like that. It’s all my fault, not hers.

“I was about to go,” I reply. “But I don’t know, there’s something that is stopping me from not going,” I try to explain. “I feel… afraid, and I don’t know of what,” I continue, burying my face in my hands feeling like such a pussy.  Why am I feeling like this? What is wrong with me?

Zayn chuckles lightly and sits by my side, putting his hand on my back, comforting me. “I know exactly what you feel,” He says, as I turn to look at him. “You’re afraid of how Bree will react. You’re afraid that she won’t forgive you and that she will stay mad at you for a long time,” He explains, and now that I think about it, that could be the reason. I don’t want her to be mad at me for a long time. I want her to forgive me and be happy with me like we were before. I don’t exactly know how Bree feels towards me in this precise moment. Maybe she’s so mad at me that she wants to beat the shit out of me, but then again, maybe she’s feeling sad and miserable like me, and I’m only hurting her more by not going to her. But if I was her, I would want to beat the shit out of me.

“I guess that’s it,” I respond standing up from the bed. “I really don’t know what to expect when I go there and apologize,” I say.

“Niall, I understand how you feel, but Bree is not that mad at you,” He says. “She’s just really upset. It’s not like she won’t forgive you. I talked to her and she feels sad, of course she’s a little mad but she will forgive you because she likes you,” He explains. “The point is, you don’t have to worry about anything. Just go to her room and apologize and everything will be alright,” He says.

“Alright,” I say, letting out a long breath.

“You ready?” Zayn asks and I just nod. We head out the door and I wait a little before walking towards Bree’s room. “You guys will be fine, don’t worry about it,” He says. I nod once more and then I see him walk away to his own room. When he’s finally gone, I take a deep breath and walk towards Bree’s room, knocking on her door once I get there. I wait patiently and it takes her a few seconds. When she finally opens the door, I’m expecting to see her with her beautiful smile that she always has when she welcomes me, but this time she’s not smiling.

She’s completely serious.

Her eyes are red and puffy, telling me that she has been crying and making me feel worst. Her face is also a bit pale, and she’s not wearing her oh so beautiful smile. I really messed up.

“Can I come in?” I ask hesitantly. She nods and steps aside, so I can come in. Once I’m inside, she closes the door and turns to me. “Bree, I’m… I’m really sorry,” I start, and it’s getting difficult for me to talk. I seriously don’t know what else to say and I can feel a knot forming in my throat. “I was being such an ass and you have all the right to be mad at me. I’m also sorry for screaming at you. I should’ve never talked to you like that,” I continue. “I… I—” I try to keep going, but I can’t. Now that I see how she really is, I feel like a complete asshole, and I feel this urge to cry, but I don’t want to do that. I don’t want her to think that I’m crying just so she can forgive me, but I can’t really help it. My eyes are getting teary and all I can do is get frustrated. “I’m sorry,” I say as I see her walking closer to me. She takes my face in her hands and caresses my cheeks lightly with her thumbs. She’s looking at me straight in the eyes and it increases my desire to cry. All I can do in that moment is hug her really tightly. “I’m sorry. So so sorry,” I say, burying my face in her neck, and that’s when the tears finally fall. She finally hugs me back, and when I feel her hand going up and down my back, comforting me, I know that things are finally okay.

She pulls away lightly and cleans my tears with her hands. “It’s okay,” she says. “I forgive you,” She replies, and all I do in that moment is hug her again. This time, the hug is tighter than the last time. When she hugs me back immediately, as tightly as I’m hugging her, I know that I finally made this right. “I’m also sorry for continuing the fight,” She says.

I chuckle lightly and pull away. “You don’t have to apologize for anything,” I reply. “It was my entire fault.”

“It was both our fault,” She replies, making me chuckle.

“Fair enough,” I reply, making her giggle and it makes me happy that we are finally good with each other. She’s finally smiling, which it makes me smile as well, and right now I couldn’t be any happier. I look at her directly in the eyes and I smile even wider when you can see her happiness as well. I look down at her lips and see that she’s smiling big as well; it only makes me laugh a little. I lean in and connect my lips with hers in a kiss. She wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me closer, and I wrap my arms tightly around her waist, not wanting to let go. Our lips are moving in sync and in that moment I realize that things could not be any more perfect. Bree suddenly bites my lower lip, taking me by surprise, but I can’t deny that I don’t love it, and it only makes the kiss more heated. I start walking us to the bed without breaking the kiss, but we fail when we trip and almost fall. Bree pulls away from the kiss and starts laughing, making me laugh as well. She reconnects our lips and we continue walking, this time succeeding! I place her gently on the bed with me on top, and we keep on kissing until air is necessary. I smile down at her and then kiss the tip of her nose, making her giggle. I just really love her laugh. She  cups my face and pulls me towards her, kissing me very gently.

“I’m so happy,” she says, her lips still brushing with mine.

“Me too,” I reply.

And it’s true.

In that moment I couldn’t be any happier.

~ ~ ~

Here's the early update! Thank you so much for the 12 votes! :D And this was going to be up earlier, but I got distracted by Louis and Tom (From The Wanted) fighting haha! I'm still laughing, btw!

Hope you liked this chapter as much as I liked writing it!

Don't forget to vote and comment! It makes my day better :)

Alright, have a nice life until next time! xx