Chapter 3

New Chapter! 

Hope you like it! Although it is kind of short and just a fill-in, but oh well :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After hanging up with Uncle Paul, I decided to change my cloth and brush my teeth. I was going to go to bed, but then I remembered that I needed to call Emily.

I grab my phone and dial the familiar number. After three rings, she answers.

“Hey.” She says.

I smile a little. “Hi.”

“My mom told me what you talked about.” She says. “Who are you going to live with?” and then my smiles fade, remembering my conversation with my uncle.

“Uh, my mom’s brother.” I replied. “Remember Uncle Paul?”

“Oh, yeah. That’s great!” She exclaims. “But… how did he take the news?” She asks, her voice getting lower as if she was not sure she was saying the right thing. And that’s when tears started clouding my view once again.

“Uhm, he was sad, of course.” I begin. “I heard sniffling a few times, so I guess he was crying.” And my tears finally fell. “I really can’t wait to see him. I’ve missed him, you know?” I admit. “And having someone understand how you feel in this moment is probably what I need.”

“I understand.” She replies. “Everything is going to be okay, Bree.” She says, trying to comfort me.

“I really hope so.” I reply.

“Anyways,” She begins. “When are you moving with him?” And then I remember that I haven’t told her where he lives.

“Well…” I begin, but I can’t find the correct word to tell her. It’s going to be so hard to leave all this behind. I mean, I’ve lived here all my life and I’m going to miss everything so much. It does sounds cool to travel to London, but starting a new life can be really scary. “We still need to talk about that.” I finally say.

“You don’t want to leave your house yet?” she asks. “I know its hard Bree,” she continues. “But if you don’t get out of that house soon then you’ll be depressed for a long ti—”

“It’s not that.” I interrupt her, sighing later. “The reason why we still need to talk about it, it’s because he doesn’t live here anymore.”

“Did he move to another state?” She asks. I wish.

I sigh, once again. “More like another country.”

Silence.

“Emily?” I ask, wondering if she’s still listening.

“Where does he lives?” She asks, quietly.

“London, England.” I reply, still not believing that I’m moving over there.

“Oh no.” She says. “I’m going to miss you so much, Bree.”

And tears threaten to fall again. “Me too.”  I reply quietly. “But hey, I’m still here and I’m not leaving until next week probably.” I say, trying to cheer her up and trying to convince myself that is not that bad. “And we will call each other once in a while and we will stay in contact, I promise.” I say.

“Okay.” She says, and I can tell that she’s smiling  a bit which makes me smile as well.

I rub my eyes, getting tired. “Well, I’ll call you tomorrow. Crying so much made me tired.” I say. “Goodnight, Em.”

“Goodnight, Bree! And please stop crying. Is not good for you and its not good for me either cause it makes me sad knowing that you’re like that.” She says. I just giggle. This is why I love my best friend.

“Oh, your mom told me to call her.” I remember. “Can you tell her that I’ll call her tomorrow, please?”

“She wants to know about your Uncle, right?”

I nod, but then remember that she can’t see me. “Yeah.”