Chapter 45

Bree’s POV

“Please fasten your seatbelt; we are going to be descending to the city of Los Angeles very soon,” The pilot say through the speakers. Everyone did as told, and as we descended, I look outside the window. There it was. My beautiful L.A.

I was getting more and more excited as we approached our destination. I was literally counting down the minutes until I got to see Emily. I hadn’t realized how much I missed her until I knew I was coming. You might say that it’s a bit weird to miss your best friend so much, but not me. Emily and I had spent so much time together that I’m so used to her presence. We’ve been there for each other through good and bad, and there’s nothing that we don’t know about each other. Well, kind of. The last time we talked properly about our lives was probably a few weeks ago, but being on different time zones didn’t make it easy. But everything was going to change now that we were going to stay in the same house.

“Welcome to the city of Los Angeles,” The pilot says, followed by the current time and temperature. I couldn’t stop bouncing my knee as the plane finally stopped. I seriously wanted to get out of here already.

A few minute later everyone started making their way outside. I grabbed my bag and got out of that plane as fast as I could. After passing through customs and getting my luggage I ran towards the waiting area and the biggest smile appears on my face when I see Emily. I squeal a little inside and I walk towards her, still smiling like an idiot.

“Em!” I exclaim, but unlike me, she literally squeals.

“Bree!” She says, hugging me immediately, making me stumble a little. I chuckle and hug her back. “I missed you so much!”

“I missed you too,” I reply, hugging her tightly.

“We are going to have so much fun,” She suddenly says, pulling away. She takes one of my bags and helps me carry them until we get to her car. “I have everything planned!” She squeals a little. “I even called some of the girls and told them you were coming. Some of them are busy with work and college so we agreed on going to the beach a few weeks from now.”

“Sounds awesome!” I say, as we get to her car. Emily unlocks it and we put everything in the trunk, getting inside the car after closing it.

The drive to her house was a bit long because of traffic. It sounds weird, but I even missed the L.A traffic. We didn’t talk much though; we mostly listened to music and talked about our favorite artists at the moment. Emily also told me about what’s been going on while I was gone. Surprisingly, it was nothing that interesting. Everyone was in college, the usual hang outs at the beach, and some of my friends had new jobs. I know Emily was dying to ask about my life with One Direction, but she was waiting until we got home because she was going to ask for all the details.

We got home a few minutes later. I hugged her mom and dad and said hello to all of Emily’s siblings, which were three. I took my stuff to Emily’s room, where I would be staying with her. Her mom had located another bed in the room for me, so I placed all my stuff in there.

“I’ll leave you to get settled,” Emily mom’s say. “Dinner will be ready soon,” she added.

“Thank you so much,” I reply.

“Well, while you get settled, I’ll go to 7/11 and buy some stuff for us,” Emily says, grabbing her car keys.

“Stuff? What do you mean?” I ask a bit confused.

“Junk food,” she replies as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world. “Today is going to be a long night,” She adds. “I want every single detail!” She exclaims, going out the door and leaving me alone. I roll my eyes playfully and start unpacking.

.

“Thank you for dinner,” I say as I put my dirty plate on the sink. I was about to start washing it, but Emily’s mom insisted to leave it there.

“Come on,” Emily says, pulling me to her room. “I can’t wait any longer!”

I laugh. “Calm yourself,” I reply as we both sit down in front of each other on her bed.

“Okay, go,” She says, opening a can of soda like if I was about to tell the most exciting story ever. Well, it was a bit exciting, I mean, I get to be part of the tour of my favorite boy band, but nothing extraordinary happens, really. But anyway, I begin telling her everything. From the moment I arrive to London – leaving out details that she already knew – to when I left Germany and went back to London. I know she wants every single detail, but I really can’t remember much and of course I leave out some personal stuff, like my make out sessions with Niall.

“The thing I like the most is that things were never awkward between us,” I say, talking about when I met the boys. “Not even with Niall.”

“And how is he?” Emily asks.  “How is he taking all this? I mean, does he miss you? Wouldn’t that be so adorable?” She gushes, making me blush a little.

“He does, he told me he was used to having me around 24/7 and it was going to be really weird not being there at all,” I explain to her what Niall had told me on the phone.

“Aw, isn’t he the cutest?” She says, making me blush even more.

I open my mouth, ready to say something, but I’m interrupted by my phone ringing. I take it and smile once I see the caller I.D. “Speaking of the devil,” I say. Emily grins and encourages me to answer the phone as quickly as possible.

“Hi,” I say into the phone.

“Hey, babe,” Niall says. “I got your voicemail, how are you doing?” He asks.

“I’m great, I just had dinner and now I’m just talking with Em,” I explain. “How about you? You good?” I ask.

“Tell Emily I say hi,” He says. I turn to look at Emily and told her that Niall says hi. Of course she freaks out, but thanks God she doesn’t scream because that would’ve been a bit embarrassing. “And yeah, I’m good,” He adds. “I’m missing you more than ever though.”

“I miss you, too,” I say.

“Well, just wanted to check on you, we are about to do some interviews,” Niall says with a sigh.

“Okay,” I reply. “Good luck.”

“Thanks,” He says. “Tell Emily to take good care of you,” He adds and I can tell he’s smiling.

I chuckle. “Niall,” I trail off.

“Tell her!” He insists.

I roll my eyes playfully and put him on speaker. “You tell her then,” I say. “You’re on speaker.”

“Hey Em, please take good care of Bree, yeah?” He says.

“Trust me, I will!” Emily exclaims, a little louder than necessary.

Niall chuckles. “Thanks,” He says, and then I turn off the speaker and bring the phone back to my ear. “Bye babe, I love you,” He says.

I smile, and all of a sudden I don’t want to hang up just yet, but I know that I have to. “I love you, too,” I reply. “Take care.”

“You too,” He says. “Bye.”

“Bye.” And then I hang up. I put my phone back in the bed and when I turn to look at Emily, I can’t help but be a little confused. She’s very, very surprised and I don’t understand why.

“What?” I ask.

“HE TOLD YOU THAT HE LOVES YOU! AND YOU REPLIED! WHAT IS THIS?!” She exclaims, totally freaking out, or as we would call it, fangirling.

Oops, I think I forgot that part of the story.

~ ~ ~

Haha I love Emily, and don't you think Niall is the cutest? :')

I hope you liked this chapter! Please, don't forget to vote and comment! The more you vote, the earlier the update for next chapter! 

Dedication goes to @IcEcReAm_LoVeR_69 because she's really enjoying the story! :)

~Marii xx