Chapter 34

Bree's POV

“Bree… I don’t know what to say,” She said.

“You don’t have to say anything, Em,” I replied with a sigh. “Just knowing that you’re listening makes me feel a little better,” I add. And it was true.

Once I stopped crying after my fight with Niall, I decided to call Emily. I felt really bad and given that Niall was not there to make me feel better, then I called Emily because she’s my best friend and she’ll always be there when I need her. I told her everything that was going on and she understood how I felt, and she agreed with me that Niall had no right to treat me the way he did. Of course she can’t really give me her opinion because she doesn’t know Niall the way I do, but just the fact that I know that she cares and that she is listening makes me feel slightly better.

“I just… I don’t know what to d—” I didn’t finish my sentence due to the fact that someone was knocking on my door. “Hold on,” I said. I stood up from the bed and walked towards the door, looking who was outside through the peephole. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw Zayn. Honeslty, I don’t know what I would’ve done if it was Niall. I guess I was not ready to face him yet. “I gotta go, Em. I’ll call you later,” I say and after her reply I end the call. I take a deep breath and put on a fake smile before opening the door. “Hi,” I say, my voice not coinciding with my face. I looked happy, but my voice clearly told everyone that I was not. At that realization I could only frown and let out a sigh.

“What happened?” Zayn asks, already knowing that something is not right. I move a bit, letting him come in and then I close the door. “Is everything okay?” he asks frowning and I just shake my head.

“I had a fight with Niall,” I admit. It surprises me how quickly I’m sharing this with Zayn, but with all this time I’ve spent with these boys I know that Zayn is always there when you need to talk to someone. Harry and Niall are great examples of that. I’ve actually never seen Niall go to him for advice but he has told me about it. I’ve also heard that Liam gives great advices as well, but I guess somehow Niall and Harry are closer to Zayn. Sure, they’re all close with each other but I guess there are some things that you feel more comfortable telling others. Besides, Liam and Zayn seem like the more matures out of all of them and since Niall and Harry are one of the youngest, it’s understandable that they go to them for advice. I’m pretty sure that Harry and Louis have their secrets though. You can never separate those two.

“What did you two fight about?” Zayn asks, sitting by my side on the bed. And like that I told him everything from the very beginning to the very end, just like I did with Emily. Somehow I felt so much better because unlike Emily, Zayn really did know Niall and I was hoping he gave me a really good advice. I didn’t like this fight I had with Niall and I was hoping we could talk it out and make up soon. Of course, fights are something you can’t stop in a relationship. I knew this wasn’t going to be the last one, but I was hoping it was for a really long time. I like my relationship with Niall. I truly like him and he has helped me so much with so many things that I really don’t know how to thank him. He has made my life better and I seriously like the way it has changed. I know we haven’t been dating for long, but I just feel like I’ve known him for so long and just thinking about him makes me extremely happy. Well, except for right now. Right now I feel like punching him so bad.

“And then I told him to call me when he calmed down,” I finished. “He has not the right to talk to me like that,” I say almost in a whisper, remembering what had happened and how we were screaming at each other. In that moment I feel Zayn’s arm wrap around my shoulders, pulling me closer for a side hug.

“I’m guessing he has not called, right?” He asks and I shake my head. He lets out a sigh and then lightly chuckles, making me frown in confusion. “Oh, Niall,” he says in a whisper. “See, the most amazing thing about Niall is that he’s a carefree mofo, but then the most annoying  and the worst thing about Niall is that he is indeed a carefree mofo,” He says.

I giggle lightly. “I see what you did there,” I comment.

“That’s how he is,” Zayn continues. “He’s like that with all of us. You know how everyone gets upset easily with hate comments, but Niall is not like that and gets annoyed when we do, so don’t feel so bad about it,” he explains, but I really can’t help it. Maybe I don’t feel that bad about what he thinks because, Zayn’s right. Niall is a carefree mofo and there’s nothing we can do about it, but I feel bad that we had a fight.

“I’m guessing you guys get annoyed with him too, huh?” I say and he nods.

“I would say just to go to his room and apologize. Knowing Niall is going to take a while until he comes here, but knowing you I know you won’t want to go either,” and that’s my cue to shake my head. I am not going to apologize first. The way he talked to me was unacceptable.

“When he apologizes for screaming at me, then I will apologize for fighting with him,” I reply, crossing my arms over my chest like a little girl would do.

Zayn chuckles. “Okay, I’ll go talk to him, sounds good?” He asks. I nod and smile up at him as he stands up from the bed. “Good,” He says, leaning down and planting a soft kiss on my forehead. He starts walking away but before he steps outside I call his name. “Yes?” He answers.

“Why did you come here in the first place? if you don’t mind me asking,” I say.

He smiles. “I just wanted to tell you that Perrie is joining us tomorrow and Eleanor the next day. Probably Danielle will come tomorrow as well, or maybe with Eleanor. I’m still not sure,” He says. “Since you’re the only girl I thought you would be happy to know that, and besides I knew you were excited to meet the rest of the girls,” He adds, and I can just smile really big. This time, a real smile.

“Oh, that sounds exciting!” I reply. “I can’t wait to meet them!” I exclaim. Zayn laughs and then is about to walk out again, but I stop him… again. “Thank you,” I say, standing up and walking towards him, wrapping my arms around his torso.

He smiles. “You’re welcome,” and with that he plants another kiss on my forehead, making me smile even more.

Moments like this is when I realize that I’ve found a new family. I may not have my old family with me anymore, and I still and will always miss them like crazy, but a great thing came out of this. I’ve found myself a funny, interesting, cute, cheeky, happy new family.

~ ~ ~

Don't you just adore Zayn? I do! :')

But anyway, sorry for the shortness of this chapter, but hey...

EARLY UPDATE because of the 10 votes you gave me on last chapter! It sounds so little, but it is a lot for me <3 Give me 10+ votes on this chapter and you will have another early update! The same goes with BTO! (PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!)

Alright, until next time, have a nice life! :)

Love,

Mari <3