Chapter 18

Bree’s POV

After Niall replied, I went to bed, but somehow I couldn’t sleep right away. I was feeling a little better and I knew Niall had to do with it. I finally realized what my feelings towards him are. I like him, and this time I finally admit it. He makes me so happy and as I remember what happened between us today in that bench, I can’t help the big smile appearing on my lips, but then I remember… Niall might be seeing someone.

All of a sudden that interview I saw a few days ago comes back to my mind. I remember how Louis was teasing him that the right girl might have just appeared in Niall’s life. At this, my smile fades.

What was I thinking? Niall will never look at me that way.

But what about that almost kiss? Maybe he just got caught up in the moment. Yeah, that was it. Just the moment. With a sigh I turn off the light and go to bed not so excited anymore.

Why must this always happen to me?

.

The next morning, I wake up and see that it’s just 10:00 am. I didn’t have any plans for today, so I thought that staying home and just relax was okay. Maybe I could go out for a walk later on.

After watching a little bit of TV, I decided to go online. I hope Emily is on too, so that I can update her with everything that has been happening, even though it’s 3:00 am over there. When I log in to Skype, I’m surprised to see her there, but I call her immediately.

“Hey Bree!” She exclaims, excited.

“Hi!” I reply. “What are you doing up at three in the morning?” I ask.

“Oh, you know how my sleeping schedule screws up each summer,” she explains, giggling. “So what’s up? How you’ve been?”

“I’ve been good,” I say. “Well, yeah, kind of,” I admit, remembering what had happened yesterday. “Uh, something happened yesterday,” I say, and even though Niall might not like me back, I can’t help but blush a little at the memory.

“Bree, why are you blushing?” She asks, teasing me. “What happened?!” she then ask with excitement.

I sigh. “Nothing, I mean it was something, but now it seems like a nothing,” I explain.

“What are you trying to say?” she asks confused, and this is when I start telling her everything. From the London Eye to the restaurant, and we were in the boys flat (not missing out the part where I was with Niall’s flat upstairs with him and what he told me) to the club, and finally to what happened in the bench.

“Whoa whoa, wait,” she says, and then a big smile appears on her lips. “You almost kiss Niall Horan from One Direction?! Oh my God, why in the world it didn’t happen?!” and like that my stories continue until the end which was when I texted Niall yesterday night. “Wait, so how come you say it’s a nothing?” She asks.

“Because I saw an interview where Louis said to Niall that her right girl might have just arrived,” I explain.

“Oh yeah, I saw that one too,” Emily says. “But what about that almost kiss? He couldn’t have forgotten about that ‘girl’ all of a sudden,” she adds.

“I thought that maybe he got caught up in the moment,” I reply. “You know how that happens.”

“Aw, that sucks,” She says, and I can’t help but laugh a little. I love how she shows her emotions towards everything.  “Well, I’m going to bed. It’s almost 4:00 am,” she says. “Goodnight, Bree! Or should I say Good morning?”