Volume 5 - Chapter 2: Return of the Wizard

Nora started invading Oscar's personal space. "Did he age backwards?"

Jaune started freaking out. "He's possessed!"

"Or reincarnated?" Ren theorized.

"Oh! Isn't it weird?" Ruby asked the boy.

"It is very weird, yes." Oscar answered.

"Okay, okay." Qrow emerged from the kitchen holding a cup in his hand. "Let's all just take a second and remember that this is very overwhelming for everyone."

Everyone backs away from Oscar, laughing nervously.

Oscar turned to Qrow. "Thanks."

Qrow then takes a seat on the couch next to Oscar. Ruby and Nora have taken a seat on the couch perpendicular to Qrow's, while Jaune and Ren remain standing.

You wanted to sit down in between Nora and Ruby, but Ruby grabbed your arm and threw you between her and Oscar.

Oscar looks at both you and Ruby, before blushing and looking away quickly. Ruby giggled at his reaction.

"Ah, sorry! It's just I've never really met Huntsmen and Huntresses before."

"...I'd say I've never seen an immortal before, but uh... I've never met an Oscar before?"

Oscar started laughing at your joke. While you're obviously curious about the details of this situation, he's obviously just as confused.

Qrow cleared his throat. "Not to break up the whole 'getting-to-know-you' game, but we need to have a talk. Mind showing us your little parlor trick, kid?'

"Yeah, okay. Just so you know, I'll still be here." Oscar lowered his head. Suddenly, a green and white aura shines from his body for a moment, Oscar opens up his eyes, which are now glowing, and he smiles.

"It is so very good to see you again, students." Oscar spoke with a bunch of other voices overlapping.

"Wait, what just happened?" Jaune asked.

Ren looked at Oscar in confusion.  "Professor... Ozpin?"

"Correct. And though I may be the one speaking, Oscar is still present mentally. He's merely handed over the control, so to speak." Ozpin spoke.

"I'm afraid this all must be very perplexing."

"And alarming, and bizarre, and just really kind of hard to believe overall!" Nora counted on her hand.

"It's good to see you children still have your sense of humor." Suddenly Ozpin frowns. "I know you've all been through tremendous hardship already. I'm sorry."

"I mean, it's not your fault."

"It partly is, Ruby." You sigh.

"It's all my fault." As Ozpin takes a deep breath, Qrow gets up and goes back to the kitchen to get something.

"I told you once that I made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet, and I wasn't exaggerating. I'm... cursed. For thousands of years, I've walked the surface of Remnant, living, dying, and reincarnating in the body of a like-minded soul. The Professor Ozpin you all met was not my first form, and clearly wasn't my last. It's... an extraordinarily strenuous process on everyone involved."