Volume 5 - Chapter 6: A date with Neo

It's early morning, and while you would've liked to sleep longer, Ruby decided that she can't.

So you can't either. She dragged you out to the patio, much to your dismay.

There, you're lying on the wooden floor, while Ruby is resting her head on your stomach, watching birds fly away.

"You're up early." Yang leaned over you and looked at Ruby's face.

"Hey sis."

"Boop!"

Yang let's her hair down, making it tickle Ruby's nose. She starts giggling at this.

As Yang sits down next to Ruby, she gets off you, making you rejoice at your reclaimed freedom.

"Finally..." You pump your fist into the sky.

Ruby then let's out a sigh. "What are you doing up?"

"Can't fall back to sleep."

"Ah, me neither." You quickly retort to Ruby's statement.

"I can." She hit you in your chest.

"Ouch!"

"Well, fortunately, coffee exists." Weiss carries a tray with four cups of coffee and walks over to join you. She lowers the tray down so Yang can grab a cup.

"No, please!" Ruby pushed the tray away.

"Don't worry, I put in blasphemous amounts of cream and sugar, just for you." She holds the cup out in front for Ruby.

"Oh yeah! Nice Weiss strikes again!"

Suddenly, Weiss pulls the cup away just as Ruby was about to grab it.

"I will pour this on you and it will burn."

She hands the cup to Ruby, who nervously giggles. Weiss sits down next to Ruby and grabs her cup of coffee after placing the tray down next to her.

She then hands you the last cup.

"No thanks. Coffee is the nastiest stuff I've ever tasted." You politely declined.

"It'll help wake you up." She tilted her head to the side.

"It'll also make me want to vomit for the rest of the day."

"Fine, suit yourself!" She let's out a 'hmph' and turns away.

"... I appreciate the thought, Weiss. Thanks."

"... You're welcome."

...

"Can't believe we're actually in Mistral." Yang breaks the silence.

"That's what you can't believe?" Ruby chuckles.

"Well, yeah! And all the other magic and stuff. But... Okay, you know what I mean!" Yang gives Ruby a slight push.

Weiss looked down at the floor. "I honestly wasn't sure if I'd ever see you three again."

"Well, here's to defying expectations!" Yang raises her cup at Weiss.