Volume 2 - Finale: Radiant Blow

"This is..." You reeled back your fist. "THE END!"

Your fist connected to his chest, releasing a swirl of blue and white light. Chrome's distorted scream faded into the background, as voice swirled around you.

Suddenly, you were jolted back to reality. You were in the middle of Ozpin's office.

In front of you, Chrome and Ozpin were talking. Their voices were echoing throughout the scene.

"Ozma? You summoned me?"

"Indeed I did, Chrome. Do you know of 'the enigma'?"

"Hm? Ah, yes, the wandering reaper saving the villages, correct? What about him?"

"What if I told you that the boy was a mere sixteen years old? Do you think he has what it takes? To come to beacon?"

"Oz, with all due respect, that is none of my business. I am merely living out my life, hoping for redemption. What happens to a little boy is of no interest for me."

Chrome turned around, walking toward the elevator. Ozpin developed a smug grin, before uttering a name.

"Mira." The air seemed to grow tense, making your heart race.

"Why that name?" Chrome didn't face Ozpin.

"You and that boy have a lot in common. After all, you both have an insatiable thirst for revenge when that name comes up."

"What?"

"Y/N L/N, son of F/N and M/N. It's only natural for you two to have hatred toward Mira... after all, he took something you loved from the two of you."

"M/N? Ah, I see... What are you getting at?"

"I believe that the boy has the power you're looking for. And you're running out of time. But we already have too much students... but if you were to take him under your wing, I'm sure we'll fit him in."

"Hmph... You always make everyone dance under your nose, don't you? Fine, I'll play along."

The whole scene faded to white, only leaving one more name for you to hear.

"Maria, are you proud?"

You felt yourself crashing down, feeling snow underneath you. You heard metal clashing, making you stand up fast.

You looked around, not seeing anything which would make that sound.

Out of nowhere, an huge boom resounds before you. You quickly put your arms in front of your face, trying to protect your eyes from the snow.

When the snow settled, you saw Chrome in front of you, alongside that woman, and the Scorpion Faunus.

"Hyahahaha! You may be good Mist, but against three? Hahah, once your gone, my queen will be pleased!"

Kazumi jumped out of the snow, kicking the scorpion away. The woman tried to get him from behind, but he moved quicker then you could see, and sent her flying.

Chrome was the last one standing, having those red eyes again.

They appeared to clash for several times, before Kazumi crashed into the ground. He stood still and collapsed to one knee, breathing heavily.

Chrome walked in front of him, grabbing his neck, and then ramming his other arm into his stomach.

You tried to yell, but no sound came out. Kazumi sputtered out some blood and fell into the snow.

Chrome's eyes returned to their normal color. He took a few steps back, visibly shocked.

"Come on big guy, let's get back to the queen and tell her the good news!" The scorpion broke into a fit of maniacally laughter, as he picked up the unconscious woman and started to walk away.