Volume 4 - Chapter 2: A trail of red roses

The next day after the grimm attack, you and your team walked through town, readying yourselves to leave.

"Wow, we were here a really short time, weren't we?" Zeke looked at you. He wore a new outfit, like you all did. While these weren't the stuff you wanted, they'll suffice. At least until you reach their village.

"Well, we're kinda low on time." You shrugged at him. "Besides, it'll probably be important later on."

"Yeah, maybe. These people were really nice to you though. Did you bribe them?" Zeke eyed you curiously.

You didn't bother to answer and just continued walking.

"Where's your mental illness of a sister?"

"I think she's still changing." He shrugged.

At the end of the town, the mayor, along with a lot of folks, were waiting for you.

"We hope you have a fruitful journey, savior!" He bowed deeply, while the other villagers got on one knee.

"Um... yeah, sure." You walked past them. You waved a bit, hoping they'd tune it down.

"Oh my oum! He waved at me! We're practically married now!"

This is how it went all morning. You didn't know this village was full of nutcases. Everytime one of you breathed they started worshipping you.

Out of the distance, Mia came over to you.

"Sorry. They didn't have my kind of color, so they made me one new."

"Oh for the love of... Stop wasting my time!"

You grabbed Mia by her arm, dragging her out of the village. Zeke waddled behind you, the villagers slowly fading away.

"Goodbye, Saviors! May fate reunite us once again in the future."

You really hoped it wouldn't.

Luckily for you, the next village was only a few days away. Depending on how long you took, it might only be two.

Time-skip - brought to you by Chibi-Y/n being worshipped.

Slash. Kick. Punch. Sleep. Those were the four major things you were doing in these past few days.

Your journey went quite smooth. Until you reached the bridge, that is.

What bridge you ask? Well, everyone does. The mayor specifically told you that there was an enormous bridge connecting the two villages.

It was used to deliver supplies between them.

You didn't like this. At all. But at least you knew now why there was a shortage of supplies in the last village.

You decided to take a different path, one that would lead you to another one.

"Is that the village?" Mia pointed to village where people were walking around. Unlike the other one, this one seemed more peaceful.

"It appears so. Apparently there aren't any grimms attacking. Lucky us." You let out a sigh of relief.

You entered the village, immediately getting noticed by a few villagers who started whispering.

"Oh, look at him! E/c eyes, H/c hair... yeah, that's definitely him." They recognized you, you just didn't know why.

You forgot a lot of villages you went to, but you sure as hell don't remember this one.

"Excuse me, sir." A girl, around the age of 14, tapped on your shoulder. "Are you Y/n L/n?"

You looked at her shocked. Zeke and Mia gripped their weapons and got ready for an attack.

You held out your hand, telling them to stay down. "How do you know who i am?"

"A girl with her team came through here. She was asking about a boy who looked like you. She said she hasn't seen you for a long time." She spoke kind of shy. She was probably taken aback by your hostility.

"Where did they go?"

"I dunno, I just know that they went that way." She pointed toward a different end of the village.

You pondered a bit, looking back and forth between the path they went, and the one you were going to go.

Zeke put a hand on your back. "We're gonna stay for the day. We will go to our home village, you can come with us, or go after them. We won't hold it against you."

You let out a huge sigh, knowing that this decision will change your future dramatically.

The town looked pretty up-to-date. There was a blacksmith, an armory, and other shops the former villages didn't have.

You could technically do most things here, but it'd probably be higher quality in Zeke's and Mia's home village.

They were also looking forward to introducing someone to their own village.

On the other hand, you and Ruby have a lot to talk about. You also want to see her and her team again.

And knowing Ruby, she probably needs your help.

Go find Ruby and her team, upgrade your stuff at this village.

Go with Zeke and Mia, visit their homes, and upgrade your equipment there.