Volume 5 - Chapter 8: Fading life

"MIRA!" You leap forward, clashing with him. "It's time to end this!"

"Is that so?" He summons a shadow beneath your right foot, trying to wrap it around your ankle.

You used Summers semblance to leap up, transforming your Scythe into its sniper and taking a shot.

Mira scoffs and jumps back, avoiding the shot.

The moment you land, a rocket hits you in your side.

"What? Thought I'd let you have a fair one on one?" Sol smirks at you. "You thought wrong."

He was about to create another volley of rockets, but got hit by a giant fist, made out of shadows.

"You're right, this isn't a one on one," Zacharias took his place beside you. "It's a reality check for you Sol!"

"Pesky little piece of shi-" Zach lunged at him, swinging his great sword at Sols torso.

"Shit!" He quickly created a barrier, shielding himself.

As that happened, you continued to focus on Mira.

"Haven't you gotten enough people killed, Y/n?!"

"Your stupid mind games wont work on me anymore. I've grown." You speed behind and chop your hand at his neck. "Both, mentally-"

He swings his sword behind him, trying to hit you, but you already dashed in front of him.

"And physically!" You swing your Scythe at him, sending him flying into the wall.

He grunts and gets back to his feet.

"You should know that by now, right?" You gave him a small smirk while pointing to your right arm.

You could see the anger spreading throughout his entire body.

He runs at you and tries to punch you, but you catch it with your knee. "Look who's getting sloppy!"

You shove him away and kick his left side, he blocks it.

He swings at you and you duck underneath it. You go to sweep his legs, but he jumps over it.

His shadow suddenly grabs your ankle, which allows him to land on top of you.

He summons a spear of darkness and tries to stab your head. You quickly move it to the side.

"Stop smirking you tiny bastard!"

You hold both your hands up and send a stream of flames at his torso. He stumbles backwards and you kick him away.

"You know, there's something that's been on my mind about you."

The smoke and flames subside and you see his upper body armor burned away, leaving his sixpack exposed.

"Your power is pretty tricky, so much that I couldn't possibly know from where you'll strike." He shoots a tentacle made of shadows at you, you lift your arm up and send a fireball at it, making it disappear.

"Thought so. You're completely and utterly useless against my flames. You know, cause they create light."

With every word you speak, his anger rises even higher.

"Oh really? Not useless enough to murder your mother!" He jumps at you, surrounded by a barrier of darkness.

You use both your hands to shoot a stream of fire at him. It manages to keep him away.

"Or your useless little friends!" He yells out from behind you.

A tight rope wraps around your torso and flings you to the side, crashing into Qrow.