Volume 2 - Part 8: Aftermath

A/N: This is a short chapter. Basically, it'll explain what had happend after the 'explosion'. Also, if you haven't checked out vote, do it. It is important. I decided to put this together to make the gap smaller until the next Chapter.

By the way, I wanted to ask you what you think of the Fightin scenes. I see many people just skipping them, which I wanted to do too, but think it kinda ruins the story. They do it because they say they're bad at writing battles. I think the battle against Neo was good, but Cinder not so much. I'd appreciate if you would comment your opinion.

It was the day after the Beacon Ball. Everyone already up and running, since Ozpin had a speech he wanted to make. No one knew what it would be about, but many guessed it'd be about the explosion the other day.

"Come on Ruby, cheer up! I'm sure Y/N is fine. He's always... Fine." Yang tried to cheer the leader up, to no avail.

Team NVRM cane up to RWBY, curious what's going on.

Mia was the first to speak up. "What's wrong?"

"Ugh, Ruby is down because her date disappeared." Weiss scoffed. "Ruby, if something did happen, don't you think Ozpin would have told us."

Ruby continued sulking, so Mia decided to bless everyone with her words. "Ruby, I agree with Weiss. Y/N is very resilient. If something really happened to him, it'd had to be pretty big. Like an explosion." Everyone turned to her wide-eyed, shock spread across their faces. "What? Why are you looking at me?"

Before they could continue, Ozpin came up to the stage, silencing them.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice. I am sure that most of you have a lot of questions, and I will try to answer them as best as I can. First of all, the Missions everyone was supposed to attend. They will still take place, but next week."

The students were now murmuring about the news, wondering what had happened.

"Now, I know some of you might be wondering why, but please, keep it down." The crowd quiets down quickly.
"The reason for this is the... 'explosion'. As some of you know, yesterday, in the city of Vale, there was a explosion of enormous caliber. Now, to quiet some of the rumors down, it was not an assault. In fact, we found out that it indeed was a student who created that explosion."

"A student!?"
"There is a terrorist in this School!?"
"How did they do that?"

Miss Goodwitch came up. "Children, please. Let the director finish."

"Thank you, Miss Goodwitch." She stood back again. "If you would take a look at the News, you would know about the Grimm that seemed to have... infiltrated the city. The roar of that Grimm seemed to attract some attention. As far as we understood from some witnesses, the student protected some bystanders from the huge grimm, creating the explosion in an desperate assault."

Ozpin readjusted himself. "I am glad to say that a student would give his life for innocent people. But please, leave it to the professionals in the Future. Thank you for the attention, and have a wonderful week."

Ozpin stepped down, as the crowd seemed to slowly disappeared.

Mia just shrugged. "Huh. Guess it really took an explosion." Yang bopped her on the Head.

"Show some decency, will ya?" Yang scoffed at her. Mia just kept her indifferent face.

Sol put a hand on Yangs shoulder. "Calm down bimbo, that idiot's fine. It'll take a lot more than that to kill that roach. And that's just Mia's way of... expressing herself."

"Oh? Did I say something wrong."

"Yes."
"Very."
"Sure did!"
"Kinda..."
"I'm Zeke!"
"Yep."

"Oh... My apologies."

"It's fine Mia." Zeke hugged her. "That's why we love you!" Still looked like she didn't want to be there.

"Okay Team! Mission 'finding Y/N' has officially started!" The red hooded leader raised her fist up in the air.

"That won't be necessary, Miss Rose." Ozpin came up.

"Proffesor?"

"Yes. I am aware you are... all very concerned about your friend, but that isn't necessary. He did not have any major injuries."

"So it really was him? Figures, he'd fight any Grimm for fun." Zacharias face palmed.

"Hehe... well... I don't think... he fought a Grimm..." Ruby looked at the ground.

Blake put a hand on the leaders shoulder. "Ruby. It's not your fault."

"Miss Rose, as I said last night, there was nothing you could do. It was merely a matter of time before this would happen. Mr. L/n is in the medical ward. As i said, he didn't have any major injuries, but he seemed to have busted his vocal cords. He won't be able to talk for a while."

Ozpin started to walk away. "Though I ask you not to visit him, as he needs some rest." With those final words, Ozpin departed.

"Soooo... what now?" Zeke tilted his head.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'll be enjoying vacation~" Yang put on her aviators.

"Yang, wait!"

And with that, team RWBY and NVRM parted ways, doing whatever it is they're doing... except Zeke, who was later seen ordering a kids menu at Mr.Donalds.

...As Ozpin got out of the elevator, Chrome confronted him.

"So you didn't tell them..."

"This is something Mr. L/n has to do on his own, Chrome. We still don't know what happend, but somehow, all his wounds disappeared..."

"Do you... think he's ready Oz?"

"Will he ever be?"

"..."

"I trust in him. If there is anyone strong enough to defeat him, it would be him... and his friends."

"At least it wasn't anything too damaging, I don't think he would stand a chance if he had something like a broken arm."

The two friends continued to talk to each other, looking out the window. A smile was plastered on their faces, even though they knew, what was ahead.

A/N: Big shout-out to Rubyfanguy12! He's an amazing writer and a mad lad to boot. Can't figure out how he can write so much, make so few mistakes, and still find a way to make more stories. Absolute unit. By the small chance you haven't read his stories, do it! His 'Sacrafices' story is amazing.