77 - The Reveal

BEAUTIFUL MONSTER: The Reveal

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. COPYRIGHT 2015

I woke from my slumber, wiping the sleep from my eyes and stretching. I sat up in bed, looking over to see Orion snoring deeply, his face buried in his pillow. Slowly, as not to wake him, I rolled back the covers, slipped out of bed, using the moonlight to navigate my way and made my way out of the room.

The house was quiet but peaceful. I slipped down the stairs, turning into the living room to see the TV on, the light off and Ajax sitting down on the sofa watching some nature programme. “Seriously, does everyone in this house have a problem with clothes?”

I looked down at myself. “I’m sure you’ve seen your fair share of legs, Ajax, no need to…to…” I trailed off, my jaw hanging as a naked Phoebe walked into the room. I couldn’t drag my eyes from her… her… uh

“Did you just piss in the garden?” Ajax asked, raising his unimpressed eyebrows.

Phoebe gave an unapologetic shrug, “Hans is taking a shower. He was taking too long and I couldn’t hold it in.”

“Sorry,” I interrupted. “Am I supposed to ignore the fact that you have a penis?”

“Well, you could do that or get down on your knees and suck me off,” Phoebe answered, giving me a look. “You’ve got a mouth made for sucking dick.”

“Don’t you think she’s sucked enough dick for today?”

“What is that supposed to mean, Ajax?”

“Please, don’t act so coy,” Phoebe said, tossing her hair behind her shoulder. “We all heard you and Orion; you sure are talented in making a man scream.”

“Did you see Hans? He wanted to charge into the room, I’ve never seen him cry as much as he did today,” Ajax shot me an accusing look. “That’s all your fault, by the way.”

My tone was incredulous as I replied. “Am I being pranked? What was I supposed to do, invite Hans?”

“I’m already imagining it,” Phoebe had a faraway gleam in her eye.

“If you get a boner…”

Phoebe glowered, “What do you take me for? I have self-control.”

“I don’t mean to be rude, Phoebe, but I’m confused. Are you a man or a woman?”

“I’m a lady, and I don’t appreciate you staring at my c0ck for so long,” Phoebe placed her hands on her hips, and sighed. “I’m in the wrong form. But what’s great about these human forms is the freedom to change – shame same can’t be said about people. Now if you’ll excuse me, I must get my beauty sleep. We all can’t wake up hideous.”

“Phoebe, I didn’t mean to offend you. If it’s any consolation, your hair’s looking fabulous.”

“Girl,” Phoebe wrinkled her nose as she passed me. “Wipe that drool off of your face.”

Ajax snorted as she left the room. “Well, you tried.”

I sat down next to him, picking up his glass and sniffing. “Whiskey. What demons are you trying to drown?”

His eyes were haunted in the dark, glimmering as he watched me throw back his drink down my throat and he knocked his knee against my own. “You look like you have the devil himself after you, not demons. What did you want to talk to me about?”

I set the glass back down onto the table, leaning back, straightening up and then sighing. “Why did you put the Blade of Leonidas in my rucksack?”