22 : Cute Pink Knickers

"Come in, I'm sure I'll find something for that," I nodded at his forehead where he had been badly scratched by Leo. Ajax nodded wordlessly behind me, following me inside my house and shutting the door softly.

"Is anyone at home?" Ajax inquired, furrowing his brow and looking around.

"Mum's at work and Ellie is probably in her room." I answered, walking towards the kitchen. "Would you like a drink?"

He nodded. "A glass of water, please,"

I walked into the kitchen, not expecting the sight I saw. Cade was leaning against a counter while Alex sat at the kitchen table, hands spread wide against the surface of the table and muttering with his eyes closed. There was a chipped golden goblet sitting in front of Alex and it was filled with a colourless liquid.

"Cade?! Alex? What's going on? How did you get in?"

"Shh," Cade pressed a finger to his lips, motioning to Alex who looked as if he was in a trance. "He's doing a spell."

"A spell?" I repeated, bewildered, blinking between the two men. "What, like a witch's spell? Is - is...?"

"Alex is a witch," Ajax murmured lowly to me as he passed, going over to Cade who immediately noticed his wound and asked.

"What happened?"

"Leo," Ajax said grimly.

"What? What do you mean, Leo?" Cade demanded sharply, visibly getting angry.

"How do you kill a witch?"

Both men turned to me and Alex ceased his mutterings momentarily. Ajax raised an eyebrow. "Why do you want to know?"

I shrugged, flickering my gaze towards Alex before looking away. "Educational purposes, I suppose,"

"I wouldn't look for ways to kill Alex, Beatrice. What he's doing right now is to help stop your mother from being manipulated by Orion." Cade said curtly, not amused. He turned to Ajax. "So he's got Leo here now?"

Ajax nodded and Alex leaned back in his seat, eyes opening and saying. "It's done."

"We'll talk later," Cade told Ajax, stepping forward. He removed a small vial from his pocket and picked up the goblet, pouring the substance into the vial. Out trickled a thick, light brown liquid. The vial was small and I noticed the goblet was weirdly empty when the vial was half full. I briefly wondered where the rest of the liquid had gone until Alex said. "Magic,"

I nodded, resisting to roll my eyes as I thought; yeah, as if that would explain everything. "So, what do I do with this?" I asked as Cade passed me the vial after securing it with a top.

"Pour it into something your mother would drink and she won't be manipulated any longer."

"And how do I know if this would work?" I asked sceptically. "I mean, it could be poison or whatever."

"We've done nothing but help you, Beatrice. You'll just have to take our word for it." Cade looked annoyed and he crossed his arms.

"Okay...fine. Thanks," I carefully put the vial into my pocket, and then turned to Ajax. "Could you - would you - will you teach me how to fight like you?"

He looked surprise and he turned to Cade as if he was looking for permission. "Uh...I don't know..."

"Please?"

"We'll see." Cade finalised, moving towards the doorway. "Keep safe, Beatrice and if you see Orion or Leo be sure to tell us. We're only next door and you have my number."