27 : Beating Old Women

1. listen to song on the side

2. because so many of you guys requested; there's a picture of Bea to the side ---->

3. don't forget to vote and comment + enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure?" Cade asked me, eyes narrowing as he thought over what I asked of him. "They're your friends and -"

"Exactly. They're my friends and I know them, Cade, they can't go through with this. I've had plenty of time to think about this and I know what I'm doing. You've seen Ali; he's a mess and Kelly is seconds away from labelling herself as crazy," I placed a hand on his arm, pleading with him to see what I saw and agree with me. "It'll be better for them if they believe what everyone else thinks."

"And what about you?"

"It doesn't work on me." I looked away, taking a deep breath. "And besides I have a couple of things I need to do."

"If they ever find out..." Cade warned, his tone grave.

I nodded. "They'll hate me but I'm willing to take the risk. They need to forget and only you can do that, Cade...please."

He thought it over, a conflict playing out in his eyes. His features show uncertainty before he slowly nodded and said.

"I'll do it."

*TWO MONTHS LATER*

Alex met me at near to eight in the morning, passing me the bottle of 3, a look of warning plastered over his face. "Be careful, it won't be good to give them too much. While it may stop your Mum and sister from being manipulated, too much and there could be severe side affects."

I carefully stowed the bottle away in my bag, before turning to look at him with mild annoyance. "Alex, please, do you really have to warn me every time? I know what I'm doing."

"Let's hope so," he said seriously before he walked back into his house, softly shutting his door.

I turned to walk away when there was an almost silent rustle, and I clumsily dodged the hilt of a sword from stabbing me, twisting away at the last second. "Damn it, Ajax!" I cursed, shaking myself out while he laughed, his voice rich and jolly.

I waited out his laughter, before asking him. "What have you been doing lately?"

He shrugged, looking away and scratching his cheek. "Here and there,"

"Your vague replies make me suspicious, hmm," I cocked my head, scrutinising him carefully. "How come you haven't asked me to come research anything anymore?"

He made a face, about to answer when I said. "You've been doing it without me, haven't you?"

He shook his head but then changed it to a nod halfway, sheepishly.

"Okay, whatever," I was really annoyed now and I made to walk away from him, only he grabbed at my arm, pleading.

"No, wait, Bea, wait. I'm sorry, I just thought that with school and your exam stress, you don't need the extra work or worry." He looked at me imploringly to see what he saw and I looked away before looking back.

"Ajax, I can do this. I want to do this; you don't need to worry about me."

"But I do," he said quietly and sincerely, his eyebrows drawing down, eyes searching mine, and hand still holding onto my arm.

I swallowed slightly, holding his gaze for a moment before clearing my throat and stepping away. "Um, uh," I blinked, motioning behind me. "I have to go, school's going to start in a while and ...yeah,"