61 : Leonidas

@Ronnie_Nilson MADE THE MOST AMAZING FAN ART EVER WITH CHARLIE HUNNAM IN IT. NOW ALL MY SONS OF ANARCHY FANS SQUEAL WITH ME BCUS IT TOTES ROCKS

DEDICATION BECAUSE THIS CHICK IS AWESOME.
Listen to Come into my dreamland - Ed Harcourt as you read.

------

Ajax had disappeared into Bertha's bedroom, already having claimed it for his own, almost twenty minutes ago. The wait for him to leave was torturous, anxiety squirmed up my spine and I constantly snapped my gaze to my watch, fiddling with the strap. "Come on, come on," I muttered quietly.

As time ticked to the 30 minute mark, my patience snapped like an elastic band and I rose up, my determination leaving footprints into the ground as I marched over and knocked loudly.

A moment passed. Ajax barely opened the door, sticking his head out, his hooded gaze sweeping up my body before resting on my face. "Yeah?"

"Orion is calling you," I lied, hoping my dishonesty was perceived as the truth and the ernest expression on my face was believable. "I don't know what he wants but he sounds urgent."

"Hold on a minute, let me go get the tissues," he remarked sarcastically, closing the door in my face.

Confusion swept through me and just as I raised my hand to knock on the door again; it opened. "Like I said, I was getting the tissues. No need to be impatient," his hands were empty and the indifferent expression on his face barely hid his irritation.

He closed the door behind him and all I saw was consuming darkness, the hall light too terrified to approach it and reveal what was hidden, I pushed my gaze back at him.

He was already looking at me, I stepped back as he stepped forward, amusement tilted one corner of his mouth up. "You coming?"

Just as I was about to blurt out an excuse, my phone vibrated and I slipped it out of my pocket. "I've got to get this."

"Whatever," he rudely said, slowly descending down the steps.

"Hello?"

"Oh, my God! Are you okay? Is your family alright? What's happened? Why is there--?"

"Kelly, take a deep breath," I instructed loudly, discreetly watching Ajax as he disappeared into the living room. I opened the bedroom door, stepping inside and shutting it behind me.

"My Mum drove past your house. It's been cordoned off. The police have just left. What's happened?"

"I'll tell you later, I promise. I have to go now, though. Bye." I ended the call before she could say anything more, turning on my flashlight app and held my phone out in front of me.

The room was large, there was a double-sized bed over by the open window and a chest of drawers near the door. A large oak wardrobe covered a fourth of the wall. An obese backpack sat on the chest of drawers and there was another bag - shaped like a cricket bag, but longer in length.

I went over to the backpack first, unzipping it. Clothes spilled out. "Shit," I placed my phone on the chest of drawers, face down. I picked up the clothes that has fallen, stuffing a hand down the side of the bag and feeling like my arm was being sucked into a tight hole.

Something bristled against my fingers; a toothbrush. I ignored it, and a slippery wrapper of something square begged for me to pull it out. Just as I was about to heed to its orders, I heard.

"Wait for me, Orion! I need to get something first." Ajax yelled, footsteps running up the stairs.

I felt my heart pound in my ears loudly like a runner's footsteps, fierce for the finish line. I zipped the bag back up, turning off the flashlight app before diving under the bed.