14 : Popping Butts

"Don't look so scared," Deacon half smiled, his eyes teasing. He moved around me and pulled my blinds close. He stuffed his hands through his jean pockets, taking out a fat cigar and lighting it up. Taking a long drag, he sighed contently, before holding it out to me.

I shook my head, warily, moving a space away from him when he sat himself down on my window sill.

"C'mon, it's good, you should try it."

"No, Deacon," I said sharply. "I don't want it."

He looked at me for a moment, surprised by my tone before shrugging. "Your loss...hell, I've missed these. And you don't know how glad I am to get out of those clothes. I think I look hot, don't you? These jeans make my butt pop."

"How did you get in?"

"I'm every girl's fantasy and gay boys too, of course-"

"Deacon."

"If I were in a book or movie, you can bet I'd be the reason why so many girls lose their hand virginity-"

"Orion."

He stopped, his eyes shooting to mine and he froze before his head dipped and a low, sly smile lifted his lips up. "Yes, Doll?" His tongue slowly slithered across his bottom lip and he watched me intensely.

I swallowed, taking another step back and wondering what he was thinking of right then. His eyes were dark and swirling with untold secrets, framed by thick lashes that only made them more sensual.

"Why do you suddenly look like you're going to run out of here, Doll?" He asked lowly, taking a large puff before blowing it in my direction. "Are you scared of me?"

"No..." My voice came out weak and I despised it. "No, I'm just - how did you get inside?"

"Oh, your sister let me in. Guess she doesn't know about stranger danger and all that bull. She's a nice girl, gave me some milk and chicken strips, it was tasty." He smiled devilishly, crossing one leg over the over.

"I want you to leave."

He blinked, standing up and sighing. "Y'know, I just came by to thank you, and you're being very rude."

I clutched my bedpost as he loomed over me, keeping my facial expression straight as I stared up at him. "All I'm asking is for you to leave, Deacon. It's been a long day and-"

"It must've been, what with hanging out with that dick all day. Thanks for not telling him about me, by the way. And that slip of my name was classic, I almost bursted out laughing at his face."

"It's true?" I asked horrified, almost falling on my bed with every step he took closer.

"Is what true?" Deacon asked innocently.

"Don't play games, you dick!" I shoved at his chest angrily. "That guy, Cade said I smelt like you, do I?"

He bent his head down, taking a long sniff on my neck, making it tingle and making me uncomfortable with his closeness. "If he means you smell like sex, then nah, you're clean."

I groaned, pushing him away. "Can Cade smell you?"

"Yeah," Deacon made a face. "That guy's a creep."

I scrunched up my face in confusion and said slowly. "So...if he can smell you, how didn't he know you were here?"

Deacon lay on my bed, kicking his shoes off and flicking ash on my drawer table. "Well, that's because of you, you didn't want him to find me and so he didn't. There's also another reason but...I don't want to tell you about that yet."

"I don't, wait, I don't get that."

"Search Google, I just came here for make-up sex not to be your teacher." Deacon stopped, cocking his head and said in confusion. "You're not freaking out,"

I sat down beside him, massaging my forehead. "That's because I don't know what's going on! I can't - I don't understand anything that's happening. Are you the bad guy or the good? Who the hell is Cade and why is he after you? Why are you hiding? I feel like I shouldn't even be here with you-"

"But you can't stay away," Deacon finished off. He fixed me with a intense stare. "Can you?"

I looked away, swallowing and closing my eyes. "I don't know,"

"You know what, Doll, just in case you're confused on who to believe just know that I'm great in bed."

"Beatrice?" Mum knocked on the door, sounding worried and confused. "Who are you talking to?"

I felt my breath stop, and my eyes pop. I turned frantically to Deacon, afraid Mum would catch us and tried making a quick, silent noise to tell him to hide but he sat there, shaking his head and smiling.

The door opened and my heart pounded heavily and Mum came in. "What are you doing?"

"Uh..." I noticed her eyes train on me after sweeping the room and wondered why she didn't freak out that there was a grown man sitting on her daughter's bed, smoking. "Nothing?"

"Who were you talking to?"

"Relax. You look like you're about to have a heart attack. She can't see or hear me." Deacon said lazily.

"No one, Mum, no one." I said a little too fast, visibly relaxing at Deacon's words.

She came towards me, placing a hand on my forehead. "You look so red and sweaty. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Mum. Just, I'm just tired, that's all."

She hummed. "Hmm," she walked around for a while, scrutinising everything. "Why does it smell like smoke in her? I hope you weren't smoking, Beatrice."

"Of course not, Mum! I - I had the window open, and I guess it's from outside."

"Well, keep your window close and go to sleep." She went over to the door, looking back at me. "And if I hear you on the phone again, I'll confiscate it for the night. I don't want you waking Ellie up."

I forced myself to laugh guilty and she shut the door. I waited until her footsteps went distant, and I breathed a heavy sigh of relief, dropping backwards.

There was a silence for only a moment before Deacon broke it, amusement heavy in his tone. "Wow, I see where you get your looks from."

"Don't," I turned my head to him, eyes narrow and lips down. "Just don't."

"Oh yeah, family's sensitive to you. Got it," he winked, before stubbing out his cigar on his palm and putting it in the inside pocket of his blazer. "I'm so tired."

"Don't get comfortable. You've got a forest floor to get back to, remember? Anyway, I thought you said you couldn't come out of the forest?"

"About that; I got bored, so I thought I should pay you a visit. And I saw the celebrations downstairs, happy birthday." He sat up, coming closer to me. "I didn't have time to stop at the thrift shop, so I thought this might suffice instead."

"No, Deacon, it's-"

Sparks flew as our lips touched and my eyes widened before slowly closing at the magic his hands were spinning on my skin.

"Deacon..."

He groaned. "I just want to kiss you. Please don't say anything."

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he leaned on me, and our lips were in a battle of lust and control. His lips were soft and demanding and I couldn't stop myself, my mind was in a dizzy whirlwind that only yearned for one thing and that was Deacon. His touch, his feel and his everything was perfect. It was torturous to pull away from him.

"Deacon," I groaned as his lips attacked my neck with pulls and nips that only sent me lost into a lustful spell. I pulled his head back up, pressing my lips to his and throwing my hands through his soft, golden-brown locks.

His hard, lean body was pressed firmly on top of mine and his hands gripped my waist, pulling me closer to his body. Surprisingly, he didn't smell of smoke or even taste of smoke, instead he tasted minty and - and almost exotic.

Our tongues danced to a beat driven on in our lustful state, and I bit down onto his bottom lip, smiling with satisfaction at his throaty groan.

"You're killing me," he pulled up, resting his forehead on mine and breathing deeply.

I nuzzled his nose, smiling. "I'm not even going to worry about you being the bad guy, I'll leave that till tomorrow. Right now I don't care."

"I wouldn't let you leave me anyway," his beautiful light, royal-blue eyes twinkled as he smiled making my heart soar higher than the clouds. "And I'm definitely not going back to my forest floor tonight."

I laughed, bringing his head down and letting out lips meet again in a passionate embrace.

"And I wouldn't let you."

**** ***** * ****** ****

I woke up in the morning smiling, the weather outside being the opposite of my mood. The wind was thrashing and howling, the sun a pathetic, barely-there circle and the clouds hanging moodily.

I looked to my left, and let out a sigh, sitting up against the headboard. Of course Deacon wouldn't be here in the morning, but I still had hoped. Last night was...magical.

I got up, going over to the bathroom and coming out twenty minutes later, refreshed and cleaned.

A small noise at my door had me frowning and I went over, before stopping. "Aw!"

An adorable black kitty with big green eyes stared up at me, meowing. I bent down, gently picking it up and noticing it didn't have a collar on it. "How did you get here, gorgeous?" I cradled it, cooing as I went downstairs. It was absolutely adorable but I couldn't help wonder why there was a kitten in our house.

I rounded the corner to the kitchen, calling out. "Mum? Why's there a - what are you doing here?" I asked Cade, narrowing my eyes.

Mum sat at the table with a serious looking Cade, she was nursing a cup of tea while he was hunched over with bags under his eyes.

"Beatrice, honey, sit down."

"Uh, what's going on?" I asked nervously. Ellie came towards me, holding out her hands. Lifting my eyebrows up, I slowly passed her the kitty.

"I got him yesterday," she said brightly to me before turning so Mum couldn't see her face. "You're in trouble," she muttered.

"Thanks," I passed her and she left the kitchen, I leaned against the wall, crossing my arms and asking. "Alright. What's going on?"

"I'm going to ask you a question here, Beatrice and I want you to be honest...a girl last night was attacked, a dangerous man's on the run and Cade here believes it's the work of his. She's in a very critical condition at the hospital, now I want to know if you know anything about the whereabouts of him?"

"I don't-"

"Don't lie." Cade said lowly.

"Where is he, honey?" Mum urged, leaned forward.

"Mum, what - I don't know where he is!" I protested. "How would I know?"

"If you don't tell me, I'll have no choice to send you off to your father."

I went cold. "You can't do that."

"Try me," Mum's eyes were blurry and distant and I turned to Cade, blazing. I knew he was doing his weird eye thing, call it instinct or common sense, but he was behind this.

"What the hell is your problem?! If you think threats are going to make me spill, then you're wrong."

He was quiet for a moment before he looked up at me, his hand flew out and the door behind me was slammed shut. "I see. Well, if you don't tell me I'll have no choice but to hurt your mother. I'm not going to play games with you anymore, girlie."

I turned around to see the door closed but nothing or no one having closed it, I slowly turned back, swallowing. "I'm not-"

And it was then my mother was set on fire.

-------> vote :)
Question; which team now?