20 : Confused Tumblr Chick

His fingers felt cold against my cheek as they slowly glided down and he cupped my face. His breath was coming out in a frost of air as he murmured. "You didn't scream...aren't you scared?"

I looked at him, the way the bristles of hair scratched at his jaw and the long lashes making the  smouldering eyes even more sensual than they already were. And I smiled. "Running at me with a warning isn't exactly frightening."

He jutted his bottom lip out. "You're lucky I gave you a warning.  Normally I don't give my victims a shout before I go at them."

I cocked an eyebrow. "I'm one of your victims now?"

"Only if you promise to be kinky."

"Is that what you did? You got kinky with Mr Jones'? How did it go wrong? I mean, if I recall correctly the guy's dead, he exploded." My tone was full of bitterness and was laced poison yet I still kept the fake smile dancing on my lips.

"Yeah, well," Deacon shrugged. "I guess the excitement got a little bit too much for him."

I felt my blood go cold at his causal, uncaring words and I ripped myself away from him. "Don't touch me. God...god!" I exclaimed in a frustrated and angry yell. "You make me sick! How can you stand there without an ounce of shame?! You're disgusting!"

"Don't nag me, Doll." Deacon snapped with annoyed attitude. "You're not my mom, okay?"

"If I was your Mum--"

"Ugh, no. Don't even go there, sistah. When I'm making out with you I don't wanna be reminded of an incest relationship."

"You say that as if I'd ever make out with you again."

"Well, duh," he rolled his eyes and said confidently. "You just can't get enough of this sexy gal," he swiped a hand down his body, an amused smile playing with his lips.

I crossed my arms. "Don't get cocky. It's unattractive."

"Huh," he made a face. "But aren't I supposed to act like an asshole and then all the girls will come running to me and then I'll break their hearts and there'll be this one girl who miraculously changes me and blah, blah, blah -- well, that's what the books says anyways."

"What do you do with your Saturdays? Read books and cry your heart out to The Notebook?" I scoffed, giving him a weird look.

"No," he huffed. "I'm either making out with you or I'm killing people obviously. It's my two favourite pastimes."

"...Would you mind if I punch you?"

"Well, no. Not if you don't mind me slapping you afterwards." He flicked back his hair, pursing his lips. "I'd only be returning the favour. I mean, it's not fair how women can hit men and no one will bat an eyelid but if a man hits a women it's like, holy fuck! Call the police! The fire brigade! Spider-Man! Superman! Obama! Anyone, like calm your bras." He sighed as if he was exhausted.

I blinked. "Wow, are you having a mid-life crisis or something?"

He scoffed. "I'm not old, alright?"

"But you have a wife and kid, don't you? Or had...?"

He stopped, looking guilty and he chuckled. "Heh...about that, I kinda, um, maybe, sort of lied about having a wife and kid..."

"What?!"

"Do I look like the type of man to let myself be tied down? Ugh, I am so not getting up in the middle of the night to breast feed some snotty nose kid. First of all, my milk is most-likely kinda dry. Second, I'd probably accidentally on purpose chuck the kid out of the window. And third, I don't think you want kids yet, do you?"

I punched him in his stomach, hard. "You...stupid effing...ugh! Why?! Why the hell did you tell me that you had a wife and kid when you didn't?"

He shrugged. "You were looking for a sob story about why I was in the forest so I gave you one. Don't blame me."

I seethed. "Don't talk to me, you dick." I walked off, blindly going across the road, stomping on the ground as if would crack open like an egg.

"You're not angry with me, are you?" Deacon yelled from behind me.

I yelled back. "Take the hint, you idiot!"

"I want to show you something though," he yanked on my arm, spinning me around. "It's really important."

"Like I said, I'd rather go to hell."

Deacon shot me a scowl, jutting out his hip and crossing his arms across his broad chest. "Okay, what the hell is your problem? Why are you acting like such a bitch towards me?"

"Aw, did I hurt your feelings?" I cooed, before rolling my eyes. "Get a clue, idiot."

"Yeah, maybe I would, if you'd stop being a cryptic bitch!" His jaw locked before he let out a roll of breath. "What did I do wrong?"

"Shall I make a list or do you think you'll remember?"

"Will you say it or not?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"You murdered Mr Jones, you lied to me about your name, about having a family and god knows what else. You possessed my own mother, manipulating her through dreams - which I really feel like stabbing you for. You've killed other students, and set those suckers on Alex, Ajax and Cade. And that's probably only the tip of the icing!"

He hesitated before speaking, making a face. "Okay...maybe you should've made a list."

"Oh," I laughed loudly, crazily and sarcastically. "I almost forgot. You've strangled me, threatened and blackmailed me."

"I apologised though,"

"Yes, and that makes everything peachy, doesn't it?" I spat.

"You're being sarcastic, right?"

I stayed still for a moment, before spinning around. "Screw this. I'm going home. Don't follow me either."

"Wait, wait," Deacon pulled me back again. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I've messed up a lot and I do a lot of bad things without thinking of the consequences, I'm sorry. But can't you give me another chance? I don't know where I stand with you and it's making me all confused. One moment we're making out and the next we're fighting. My mind is like scribbles on a piece of paper. I wanna kiss you so badly right now to shut you up but I have a feeling you'll hit me - again. So..." He stopped and swallowed, running a hand through his hair frantically. "I don't know, hell, I really don't know. I'm - I'm sorry, I'll just go. I need to clear my head. See you around, Doll."

"Huh," I commented, affronted and surprised at his retreating back and lingering confession. "He's more emotional than a teenage girl on tumblr."