60 : Spawn of Satan

@loveugirl made the awesome cover! See above/to the side

I see the number 60 and I ask myself why the fuck are there so many fillers in this book. I've never written anything as long as this. I normally give up halfway through but nah, I like this book - it's okay. ( : happy reading.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"I'm hungry."

"Come with me to the kitchen," Cade stood up, motioning me to follow.

I shut the door behind us, immediately scrunching up my face in annoyance. "Can I stab Leila?"

"Only after I punch her in the face."

Astonished, I said. "What?"

"She's so pretentious. You can see she's dying to be in charge - with Alex rushing after her, doing whatever she asks," Cade opened the door to the fridge, taking out a plate of sandwiches. He slid them across the worktop towards me. "Chicken and something else, I can't remember. Help yourself."

"Thanks," I picked up the neat triangle sandwich, biting into it and chewing slowly. "Oh, it's cheese and cucumber. So, you really don't like her? I'm surprised."

"Why?" He leaned his hip into the sink, crossing his arms across his chest. Annoyance simmered in his eyes. "She's a backstabbing snake. You should see the way she simpers at everything your father says."

"Wow. I thought that you were pretentious, you know? The way you spoke and acted; it just seemed to be some sort of a facade. You come across as this professional and righteous guy but in that room a few seconds ago you looked like you wanted to throw yourself across the board game and strangle Leila."

"I am professional. I just cannot stand that poisonous ..." His gaze darkened slightly, his jaw jutting out and I don't think he even noticed it.

"Whore?"

"I can't call her that," Cade looked slightly shocked, losing some of his anger.

"Bitch? Witch? Slut? Cretin? Spawn of Satan? Take your pick, Hudson."

"Spawn of Satan does seem rather fitting," Cade smiled slightly. "Would you mind if I ask you what happened at the school?"

I broke his gaze, picking at my sandwich. "What did you find?" I avoided his question.

"Ethel's body. A lot of blood and a hysterical teacher. I was able to reach her before the police came and convinced her to change her mind about what she saw."

"Didn't the police see the blood?"

"It's raining and it's dark, it might stain but the blood will wash away. We tried to clean up as quick as possible with how little time we had."

"By 'we', you mean...?"

"Darius, Leila and I."

"Oh." The puzzles to the jigsaws were slowly fitting together; I had been curious as to where Darius was today.

"So what happened?"

"Maximal and Ethel were trying to kill me. Orion and Leo arrived and saved me. Leo killed Ethel, Maximal killed Leo. I had to get Orion out of there before you arrived; I couldn't trust that he would be safe."

"Is that how that happened to your hand?"

"I owe you one, by the way. I probably would've slapped a plaster on and called it a day." I looked down at my bandaged hand before locking gazes with him and smiling.