59 : Burgled by Wolverine

stup da abus geys pls
U Or maken me kri )':

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

My hands were tremendously shaking like tectonic plates; destroying the very ground I had fallen on. The earth moved and broke into two. Each shaky breath I drew in was like my last and I suddenly felt so dizzy as if all the blood has rushed to my head. "Mamma," tears blurred my vision, I didn't recognise my own voice as I called to her desperately, my heart aching like I've never felt before. "Don't be dead, please. Please, Mum. Don't let her be dead... I'll do anything, just - just..." I couldn't touch her, she looked so fragile and broken, as if if I did she'd whither away in my arms.

I didn't know who I was calling to, or who I was begging to for her life but I did know one thing: if my mother died I wouldn't be able to continue, I could not live on if she died.

"Mum," pain was my unwanted companion, grief urged on my sobs and misery curled me over besides her body, forehead touching the floor. "I'm sorry, Mum. Don't leave me, Mum, please. Please, please, don't be dead."

It was so faint, so shaky, I could've sworn I was delusional. But there it came again - the faint, ragged inhale of breath, the breathing that rose her chest - that sounded so forced and painful - the breath of a person struggling to live on.

Relief gave life to the hope in my chest and suddenly I was breathing alongside my mother and it was one of the most beautiful, heart-wrenching sounds in the entire world.

The tears that came now were ones of utter and complete joy.

"Mamma?"

"Be - Beatrice," unable to raise her voice any higher than a strained whisper, she urged me close, cradling my hope and giving my heart a beat. "Your sister - find her --"

The universe was cruel; I sunk into the deepest despair, shooting up, screaming. "Ellie! ELLIE!"

"Beatrice?!"

I have never been so happy to hear Darius.

Darius came running into the living room, eyes wide as he took in the destruction. "Where is your mother?!" He demanded as he took me in; his gaze sweeping up and down for any damage.

"Darius..." Mum called pitifully and she was weeping, her face puffy from the purple and greenish bruises.

He bounded over the sofa, almost falling back, his face draining of colour at the sight of her. "Oh," he tenderly cupped her face, "Ophelia."

The sight froze me; it was so intimate, her seeking him, and breaking down and him, the look in his eyes as he murmured her name softly, pained...

"Ellie," Mum rasped, grabbing on to Darius' hand weakly. "Where is - where--?"

"No, don't worry. Ellie's at Sasha's house. She's been there since school ended," Darius dug his phone out, "I need to call you an ambulance."

I gripped onto the doorframe, afraid if I let go I would crumble. Ellie was safe. Darius was here, he could help Mum ... I didn't know what to do, seeing her like that frightened me. I couldn't touch her.

He looked up at me. "Are you OK? Beatrice? Where are you going?!"

The dining room was a wreck also but I didn't take in the broken furniture or the smashed table. The vase, the one filled with fake flowers stood like a trophy exactly where I left it. Disbelief creeped up on me; how was it the only most important object remain in attacked?