10 : Edward Cullens the Gayest Vampire Ever

"I really thought you had a couple more brain cells than to come here again." Deacon said as he stood in front of me with a flat look.

I smiled, edging towards sarcasm as I bowed lowly. "What can I say, I missed you."

"Oh really? Even after the...beating you got from me yesterday?"

My smile dropped and I blazed, feeling my face get hot and bothered. "Yeah, about that, do it again and I won't hesitate to poison you the next time I see you."

"Huh," he scoffed incredulously. "And how do you intend to do that?"

I winked. "Let's just say your sandwich might have a little bit more than just cheese and tomato."

He watched me closely and I smiled, keeping eye contact and not letting him see the real reason why I was here. Yesterday, after my lie, Deacon was terrified and not just oh-my-god-spider terrified but I'm-about-to-die-terrified. It took my curiosity to high levels and it kept me up half the night wondering what exactly he was hiding that was so horrifying he had to distance himself from civilisation and live amongst the rabbits and squirrels in a forest.

I made it now my mission to find out his secret even if it did kill me but I had to find out, it wasn't something I could brush to the side or tell the police, no, I was going to do this on my own and I wasn't going to rest until he cracked and told me.

He nodded, breaking eye contact. "Fair enough,"

"So, you hungry?" I asked casually.

He eyed me cautiously. "Wait...you wouldn't really poison me, would you?"

"I would..." I hesitated, "maybe not, but if I had the guts, I wouldn't be so blatant about it. So you can chill,"

"Y'know, I really didn't mean to hurt you yesterday. It wasn't my intention but you took me off guard, and I just flipped out, I guess." He scratched the back of his head, the friendship bracelet sliding down his arm, he shot me a sheepish smile.

I shrugged, sitting down and getting out the food from my backpack. "I'm use to it."

He gingerly sat down next to me, and turned to me. "You shouldn't be, though...I'm truly sorry, I honestly didn't mean to hurt you."

I kept my face away from him and my voice neutral so I couldn't let my true emotions show. "It's okay, Deacon."

His hand grasped my chin and he turned my head towards him, his finger stroking my chin. "It's not...you're angry."

I sighed. "And you're going to make me even more angry if you don't shut up. Shit happens okay and yeah, I shouldn't have lied but I didn't know you would've gone bat-shit-crazy on me but..." I shrugged, "I know now and I don't want to think of yesterday."

His eyes flickered and then he released my face, wiping a hand down his face. "I promise on my life I won't hurt you again, if I do somehow...someway, I'll leave, Doll, alright? I'll leave here and I'll never come back."

My throat went dry and I shook my head, surprising myself when I shouted out. "No! Don't you dare!"

He looked at me sharply and surprise etched all over his features and I quickly stammered. "Uh, I mean, y'know, um, just-just be careful next time, alright? Control your fucking hands." I went red hot as a slow smug smile crept on Deacon's face and I scowled. "What?"

"Do you care about me?"

"No!" I denied hotly, "I don't, Deacon, stop smiling or I'll slap you."

"You do care, don't you?"

"Just eat your damn yogurt." I grumbled shoving a silver teaspoon at him and a pot with the lid peeled off.

He held it up with curiosity. "Yogurt? What-"

I held my own similar pot and spoon up, "I thought you might like a change, that's all...you do like yogurt, don't you?" I asked anxiously.

He nodded slowly, a confused look on his face. "I do, I do...it's just, what flavour is this?"

"Vanilla and um, cranberry,"

"Huh," he sniffed before shrugging and taking a large spoonful.

I waited, taking a bite of my own and watched him from the corner of my eye. His face convulsed and he looked like he was going to puke, his lips were pressed together and he said in a tiny voice. "What flavour did you say it was again?"

"Vanilla and cranberry," I said, smiling sweetly as I looked at him. "I added my own ingredient to it though; crushed and grounded garlic."

He spat his mouthful out, making a retching sound. "What the actual fuck!"

"Lots and lots of garlic," I sniggered, handing him my water bottle. He snatched it, chugging the water down and then gargling his mouth out. He sighed heavily, resting against the tree, before taking small sips and then glared at me. "Would you mind explaining why the fuck you did that?!"

I shrugged, "I was just checking." I motioned to his spoon, "that's silver, dangerous for werewolves, garlic is lethal for vampires."

He closed his eyes, letting out a heavy breath through his mouth. "Oh Jesus,"

"Yeah, about Jesus. Just in case the garlic thing was a myth, that's holy water you're drinking. I figured if you were a vampire, you would've died by now." I sighed sadly. "And here I was having fun at thinking what colour your coffin would be,"

"You're crazy," he shook his head, his eyes wide. "You're absolutely crazy!"

"I was thinking hot pink, y'know," I looked at him, cocking my head to the side. "Or maybe a bright yellow."

He sighed in exasperation, before clenching his jaw. "I am not a vampire or a werewolf, okay?"

"Yeah, thanks genius, I've kinda figured that out."

He made a face before he asked. "Wait...why would you even think I'm a vampire or a - a werewolf?"

I shrugged, spooning some more yogurt into my mouth. "I watch a lot of Vampire Diaries and I've watched Van Helsing, so..."

"But that doesn't explain why you'd think-"

"I was thinking over my options and for some reason, looking back at the way you act and how fast you are sometimes, I thought hey, what if the dude is the next Damon Salvator? Or maybe a gayer version, someone like, Edward Cullens."

He snorted, shaking his head in denial. "Listen Doll, I am not a supernatural creature, okay? And even if I was," he shook back his hair. "I would snap Bella's neck before she could breathe through her mouth."

I laughed and Deacon joined me a few seconds later, and then there was a peaceful silence as we both settled down to eat our food, leaning against each other and staring up at the sky through the slits of the trees.

"Deacon?"

"Hey Doll?"

We both turned at the same time and bumped noses, and I felt my cheeks slightly heat up at our closeness. "Um, you go first," I mumbled, ducking my head and suddenly shy under his intense gaze.

He watched me, his eyes twinkling and his lip lifted up slightly and then he reached out a hand, rubbing at my nose. "Better?"

"Uh..." I could only gape with my mouth slightly open and my mind a confused mess. "What were you-?"

"Nothing," he lifted one shoulder. "I wasn't saying anything."

Muddled, I blinked and then nodded. "Uh, sure, so um, Deacon..." I stopped, wondering if I really should go ahead with it or stop and live to see another day. "Couldyoutellmewhyyou'rehere?"

"What?"

I took a deep breath in before exhaling and then asking slowly and cautiously. "I help you a lot and I do it for free. Don't you think you owe me some sort of explanation as to what you're doing here?"

His face shut down and he leaned away from me. "I think you should leave."

"What?" I exclaimed in shock and annoyance. "Seriously Deacon?! Don't be like this. We're friends, aren't we?"

"I don't want you knowing about my past." He snapped, his eyes flashing before he took a deep, calming breath. "I'm sorry, I can't--"

"Please Deacon? Pretty please?" I begged, looking at him wide eye and holding onto his sleeve. "I really want to know just a bit more about you. I'm curious."

He swallowed before sighing. "I don't - fine..." He was quiet for a long moment before he started lowly, almost biting out the words with difficulty. "I had a family. A wife. A son. Her - her name was Elizabeth...I can't." A pained expression crossed his face and he shook his head, getting up and moving away from me, while I sat there with a bewildered expression on my face.

"Okay, okay, Deacon!" I called loudly. "I get it; you can't say. It's difficult." And he really couldn't. His eyes were suddenly full of emotion that took me by a much bigger surprise than at finding out he had a family and a - a wife. I didn't know what to think about that and pushed it to the back of my mind. Hating myself for this and not knowing how dangerous this could go, I pushed him further. "I just, I want to know one thing, that's all, Deacon. Just answer me this one thing and I'll leave you alone. Have you...have you ever taken a life? Killed-" I stopped, my throat going dry as he towards me, the basil of emotions emptying in a sudden fall.

"Yes."

"I..." My mouth dried, and I took a step back, wondering if I should start listening to the signals in my body screaming at me to run before something grave happens.

"Yes, I have killed before."

[---------------><---------------]

"Deacon," I tried prying my eyes open wider, confused in my bleary state. "Deacon, what are you doing here?"

He didn't say anything, his shadow creeping closer and his face hidden in the darkness of the room.

I fumbled with the covers and before I could escape the fight with my duvet, he approached me, his voice raspy and more of an emotionless growl. "You know too much,"

"What? Wait, what are you doing in my room? How did you-" he stopped my babbles by leaning down and pressing his lips to mine in a shockingly ice-cold kiss.

I could barely feel his lips for they were so cold and he leaned onto me, pressing my body down with his.

He finally took a step back, letting up for some badly needed air and I gasped. "I'm sorry." He murmured.

I swallowed, touching my lips gently and in shock. "Why-?"

"I'm sorry." He repeated, sounding less human and more robotic.

"Deacon, what-?" Before I could finish, he darted forward, something silver glinting in the moonlight that was slipping in through the open widow and he stabbed at my chest and I issued a high pitch scream as an antagonising pain shot through my body...

-------------> vote :)