Chapter 24

"(Y/n), are you okay?"

I didn't answer. My world was burning all around me, yet the flame, the hope and the determination that once lived inside me was extinguished.

-------------------------------------------------------

Warning!

This story may trigger readers who suffer from anxiety, depression or PTSD. There are many mentions of domestic abuse, self harm, self loathing, suicidal thoughts and tendencies. If you are easily triggered or bothered by such content, proceed with caution.
~W. D. Girl

Papyrus' POV:

One hour before departure, G came to my door, to everyone's surprise. He seemed conflicted, but because of his stoicism, he was hard to read. Mettaton hugged me from behind and I had to put on a smile for him. He'd been complaining about my unconditional compliance, thinking something's wrong with me. Of course something's wrong, but I have to pretend in order to keep the peace.

"Is everything okay, Sans?"
I asked and he looked up at me. He now clearly sported an angry aura, though he tried hiding it.

"Yea, everythin's fine. 'Specially after you mentioned that traitor."
His voice laced with annoyance and sarcasm pissed me off. Mettaton was about to snap back, but I asked him to leave for the time being. I didn't want the dispute to involve him. With much protest he left Sans and I alone. I invited him inside, and he, despite his disagreement, set foot inside. I locked the doors behind me to prevent interruptions, because I had a feeling that this little reunion would be worse than the last.

"So, what brings you here, so far from your room?"
I said with a tad bit too much anger in my voice. I was still hurt from our last encounter, and I let my emotions slip. G was, of course, immediately on the same wavelength. He returned his aggression two-fold.

"You know damn well why. You can't expect to just throw that bitch around, casually mentioning her to me and be all willy nilly! Don't you remember what she's done?!"
He yelled. The only thing she did was fly too close to the sun, I thought to myself. G was standing up now. He was going to try to yell in my face, knowing full well that I hate it when anyone does that.

"Don't take another step in my direction. I'm warning you. If you try anything funny, this won't end pretty."
I said calmly yet sternly to set boundaries.

"Oh, are you threatening me? Itty bitty mouse wanna roar? Think it can take on a lion?~"

Sans said in a sickly sweet tone, mocking me, knowing he'd press my buttons like that.

"Cut it out and just get to the point."
I ordered but he didn't give.

"You know what she fucking meant to me?! Have you got no idea how much we've been through together, how much I've sacrificed in order to trust again?!"
And with that I'd had enough. He officially stepped over the line.

"You, sacrificed?"
Sans had gone silent, he'd never seen this side of me. I was furious for the first time in a long time.

"I'm in a loveless relationship to keep myself in order. I was the one to talk to her long into the night, while you were still sulking that she came to us. I was the one to care when she'd wanted to die!"

"Papyrus, I-"

"Remember the ball? You met a girl, you met her after we thought she'd died! And you said 'this one's mine'. So I stood by... Do you know why?!"
I was on the brink of tears, I couldn't hold myself together anymore, all of my restraint went out the window.