Chapter 17

I was slouched against the wall with blood trickling down my cheek.

"What the hell is going on..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV:

It's been about three weeks since I've arrived to the facility. It was in fact a laboratory where sick people did experiments on living creatures, including humans and monsters. So far I've been tested on 10 times, each worse than the last.

While deep in thought, I didn't even hear the footsteps that sounded outside my room, supposedly coming to take me to that horrifying place. The door unlocked with the sound of heavy metal shuffling inside the contraption of a door. Two guards stepped inside, the first one tying a blindfold over my eyes and the other making sure I didn't try to repeat the same actions like I have in the past.

The blood on my cheek was still fresh when I heard loud footsteps outside my dark room. My heartbeat got faster, my body was suddenly pumped with adrenaline. The door opened slowly, metal rustling and clicking on its insides. A single person entered my chamber. They reached for the wall next to the door as if they were looking for something. When they found what they were looking for the lights flickered on, revealing a claustrophobic room with a single light bulb hanging dangerously low.

The guard spoke in a cold, annoyed tone as he addressed me and ushered me to my feet. I wasn't going to just submit to whatever was going on, so I darted forward and straight into his gut, leaving him to collapse and gasp for air. I gunned it out of the room and through the corridors like it was nobody's business. I was lost, confused and scared. The corridor was never ending, doors were scattered around the walls. When all hope was lost, I came across two ways to go at the end of the hallway.

"There she is! Get her!"

Someone yelled from behind me. They were following me. I had to be quick, I didn't have time for stalling and thinking, so I chose to take the left path, which lead me to a meeting room. It was empty to my luck. Footsteps of running people echoed in my head as they were coming closer and closer to my location. I hid in the corner and hoped for the best. Darkness surrounded me as the noises grew louder. The only sound I could make out clearly was my heartbeat. Thump thump.. Thump thump..

"Found you."

They unlocked the chains on my hands and gave me handcuffs, cuffing my arms behind my back. Without fighting I obediently walked in between the two guards with my head hanging low. I didn't want to see the, oh so familiar walls that would drive me crazy. The guards lead me up a flight of stairs and into the secondary lab room number 19-02. There were cages for those who were waiting their turn, tubes filled with a strange liquid, metal tables, all sorts of crazy machinery.

My heart dropped to my stomach when all the memories came pouring in. Electricity, water, burning, pain. It made a shiver run down my spine. The guards roughly let go of me and pushed me into one of the cages. My face was blank and drained of emotion as I waited for my torture session to begin. If only I hadn't listened to that voice.. If only I hadn't let her take control over me. If only I hadn't trusted Chara.. Things would be better.

Right on time, the demon child made her presence known by giggling creepily inside my head.

'Shut the fuck up, Dipshit, I don't want anything to do with you.'
I said before she could even make her case. She made herself visible to me, her face looking precious. I had never talked back to her, and she looked confused as all hell. I loved it.
'Since when are you so ballsy?'
'Since you came, asshole.'
I really didn't want her here. I was about to be tortured and she just had to make everything worse.