Chapter 2

Their hands had holes in the palm's place. 'What are they..?'
-----------------------
Warning!
This story may trigger readers who suffer from anxiety, depression or PTSD. There are many mentions of domestic abuse, self harm, self loathing, suicidal thoughts and tendencies. If you are easily triggered or bothered by such content, proceed with caution.
~W. D. Girl

Your POV:
It felt like time had stopped for a brief moment. The creatures just stood there, their heads hanging low.

"We b-brought the f-flowers.."
The short yellow dinosaur creature said.

A voice of approval sounded not far in front of them. The two figures moved into the clearing, joining in on a sort of ritual a group was performing. I crept closer, wanting to observe every single action.

The group consisted of those two figures, along with two furry creatures, their features heavily leaning towards the appearance of a humanoid goat, a tall, blue scaled figure with a long red ponytail swaying in the wind, and lastly, another tall figure with pale skin. They were all crouching down around something, while seemingly mourning over it. Have they lost someone close to them?

I wanted to see who it was, so I lean from behind the tree, trying to peak over all of them. My balance was shortly gone, and I ended up falling face first into the opening where they were located. The sudden movement startled them because they stopped doing whatever that thing was and moved their attention to me. All eyes were on me. I felt my heart drop to the ground as I was frozen in place.

"Careful, it's another HUMAN."

"We can't trust it."

"I'll kill them with my own spears!"

"I'll take care of it Paps."

"Brother, wait!"

They didn't sound pleased with my presence, so I quickly fled back into the depths of the forested area. Scared out of my mind, I hid behind a big tree, hoping the creatures wouldn't be able to find me. My heart was pounding out of my chest. I took deep breaths and tried to calm down, as to not draw any attention to myself with my heavy breathing. Despite my tries to stay hidden, footsteps echoed throughout the vicinity of my hiding spot.

"Human? I'm sorry if my friends and I scared you. I mean you no harm... Please, show yourself."

Their voice was calming, laced with a hint of concern. I peeked around the trunk of the tree and saw the tall figure that I was following. Upon seeing its face I realized it wasn't just a sickly pale person... It was a skeleton. It was a MONSTER. That discovery made me cower further into hiding. An inhuman whimper escaped my lungs as fear began overwriting all other senses.

"Ah, there you are.."

The monster spotted me and made its way towards me. This was the moment my body had to decide between fight or flight. Time was running out, the monster was getting closer, yet my body did nothing as it was frozen in place. Instead of fighting or running away, I did what I was used to; cover my head and cower in fear.

"P-please don't hurt me.."

'Holy Mother of Irene, could I sound any more pathetic?'

"Hurt you..? Why would I do that? Don't worry human, I'm not going to do any of the sorts. Let's just... Talk?"

The monster sat down next to me but kept its distance. I appreciated their concern and respect... They made me feel safe. Eventually, I calmed down and let them see my face. I took another glance at the monster before me and figured out they were a skeleton. They had small cracks leading up and down from their eye sockets. It was fascinating, yet a little sad. They seemed so nice... Why would they have such alarming scars?