Chapter 19

I thanked them once again for their kindness and patience as we wished each other goodnight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warning!
This story may trigger readers who suffer from anxiety, depression or PTSD. There are many mentions of domestic abuse, self harm, self loathing, suicidal thoughts and tendencies. If you are easily triggered or bothered by such content, proceed with caution.
~W. D. Girl

Your POV:

Darkness surrounded me. Everywhere I looked, everywhere I turned was darkness. I kept blindly following an invisible path I've been, unbeknownst to me, walking on. I looked around once more, seeing a twinkle of light in the distance. I followed it. I was getting closer to the source, it was a doorway. When I was about thirty feet in front of it, I was suddenly getting sucked towards the light. Escape was impossible, the force of its pull was too strong. Eventually I stopped struggling and just let it take me wherever it wanted to.

I opened my eyes only to see two familiar silhuetes. A silhuete of a woman and a silhuete of a cat person. It was the couple who had given me a place to stay at, they had been very helpful and caring...

Then, out of the blue, a bright spotlight shone on another silhuete. A big, humanoid being with boney fingers and features. 'G' I softly sighed, my heart beginning to ache. I instinctively reached for him, but I was held back by an invisible force. I restrained myself from reaching out again in order to keep him where he was.

"(Y/n), my sweet little girl... Come to momma.."
The woman said, the spotlight shifting to her, revealing hers and the monster's face. They were smiling with tears running down their faces. Why did they call me (Y/n)?

Then, when I was about to speak up, the spotlight shifted back to G, revealing a hurt and livid expression on the skeleton's face.

"How could you have done that?! We trusted you! I trusted you! You're no better than the others. You're no better than your father!"

Tears welled up in the corners of my eyes. I never was able to fight back and defend myself without spilling tears.

"It wasn't me! It was Chara! She possessed me! You have to believe me!"

"I can tell when someone's lying. If you haven't figured it out, I'm the last person you want to lie to."

Now he wasn't facing me anymore. The spotlight began to fade and he was slowly walking away.

"I love you.."
I said before he fully disappeared. G just turned his head to look behind him, gave me a stoic, cold expression and looked back in front of him. Then he was gone.

Everything faded back to complete darkness and again I was alone.

~~~~~~

The heavy burden called life knocked on my consciousness, ushering my tired and restless mind to begin it's daily duty and wake me up. First it sprung feeling back into my body, then slowly woke me up, urging me to open my eyes at once. My shallow breathing became deeper, my muscles awoke from their paralysis-like state sleep had put them in. I slowly opened my eyes and stretched, taking a deep breath in and sighing. My tail sprung back to life and I swayed it back and forth without realising it. My ears twitched and began turning towards the sources of different sounds.