Chapter 14

The voice then didn't say a word for a good minute, then I finally admitted.

"At least out loud I won't say I'm in love."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warning!
This story may trigger readers who suffer from anxiety, depression or PTSD. There are many mentions of domestic abuse, self harm, self loathing, suicidal thoughts and tendencies. If you are easily triggered or bothered by such content, proceed with caution.
~W. D. Girl

Your POV:

After my little performance, I decided to forget all about it and head to bed. The air around me was getting colder by the second, so I went inside the tent as quickly as I possibly could. There, Sans was fast asleep and laying on his side. He seemed so peaceful like that. I was tempted to just stare at him, but my little action from a few minutes ago lead me to just laying down and trying to forget it ever happened. I tried to fall asleep, but it just didn't hit me. I was more wide awake than ever. Facing with my back against him, I extended my right hand and observed it.

My mind wandered to what I've learned during my training. While closing my eyes, I thought of a small golden butterfly appearing on top of my open palm. I felt warmth leave my fingertips and my curiosity kicked in again. I opened my eyes to observe the work of my magic. On top of my palm magic was slowly forming the butterfly I've seen a couple of times by now. The curves it made, the light it emitted... It was all just so enchanting, I forgot where I was and what I was trying to do.

Once the butterfly was on my palm in its full glory, it began to flap its wings, as if it were alive. It flew away from my hand and towards G. I panicked as I watched it fly around like it was no one's business. In my mind, I ordered it to come back to me in an instant, but just like a cheeky toddler, it did the opposite of what was asked of it. The butterfly landed on G's skull, lighting his face and revealing his features. I could see that G was slightly bothered by the light since he lightly grimaced at it. I was whisper-yelling at the butterfly by this point.

"Come back this instant!"

I whisper-yelled at it. It eventually flew off of him, but it still didn't return to me. It was flying around peacefully until it flew to the top of our covered resting place, where it burst into a million golden particles that fell down on us like snowflakes on a peaceful winter day. They slightly lit up the small tent, but not to the point where it would be bothersome. I lightly smiled to myself and giggled quietly.

"Silly.."
And with that I finally found sleep.
--------

In the morning I was the first one to awake. G was now facing me while snoring quietly. As much as I didn't want to, I admitted to myself that he looked cute. After pushing that thought to the back of my head I headed outside, only to find clouds creeping on the sky. They were covering it whole, making for a refreshing morning. It wasn't hot nor cold which I preferred. I had a feeling it would rain later during the day, which wouldn't be a problem at all.

It's better than scorching heat pummeling you down and breaking your every ounce of energy and will you possessed. Surprisingly I wasn't feeling that hungry, but I sure was thirsty. Noticing the supermarket's entrance, I decided to go a little ahead of schedule and raid it for possible supplies. Slowly getting up from in front of the tent, I made my way to the entrance, where two glass doors were separating me from the inside of the supermarket. They were locked in place, almost stuck together. It took me a bit of force to get them open, but I said to myself that it'll all be worth it in the end.

The first thing I saw was a gambling booth. Next to it was an escalator that led to the second floor of this massive place. It was eerily quiet, too much so. I had this uneasy feeling about the place and it was driving me crazy. Alas, I decided to let the feeling go and grab as many supplies as possible before leaving for good. It took me a while to find my way around the supermarket, but eventually, I found everything we'd need to continue going. I also took some alcoholic beverages, such as beer and apple ciders for occasions where we'd be able to relax a bit.