Chapter 10

She rolled her eyes at his remark.

"Night night Silly."
She said and went to open the door.

"Goodnight (R/n)."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warning!
This story may trigger readers who suffer from anxiety, depression or PTSD. There are many mentions of domestic abuse, self harm, self loathing, suicidal thoughts and tendencies. If you are easily triggered or bothered by such content, proceed with caution.
~W. D. Girl

Your POV:

I woke up to the sound of gunfire. My body was drowning in adrenaline and panic followed my every thought. With no hesitation I got up and bolted out of my room. Everything was chaos, monsters were screaming and running all over, no sign of the main bunch. Then I hear Papyrus screaming in the distance, trying to calm everyone down. He was failing miserably. What the hell was going on..

I ran down to the main hall and saw the horrors of war. My father's team was attacking us with no mercy. They killed every monster that tried to pass them. G, Undyne and Asgore were protecting the monsters the best they could, using magic to defend themselves. I was too cowardly to help, too afraid of being caught by my father. I couldn't even imagine what hell he'd put me through if he found out I was siding with the monsters. So I ran away.

Leaping through the window at the back of the facility I got my running start.

GasterSans' POV:

I knew humans weren't to be trusted. They were just waiting for a perfect opportunity to strike us. I was pissed.
By my side stood Undyne who was just as pissed if not more. She continued to deflect the pathetic bullets from hitting us, giving us time to think of our next attack. We could tell the soldiers in front of us were nothing but a bunch of cowards. We took that fact to our advantage and tried scaring them into surrendering.

"Take cover!"
We heard someone yell from behind the cowardly men, who immediately retreated and dissappeard. At first we were confused, but not a second later, a loud bang echoed from behind us. They've bombarded our sanctuary, rocks came flying our way and dust blinded us for a few moments. When the commotion and destruction settled, we were left with the ruins of our home. Countless casualties were found, chilling scenes of dismembered bodies and dust filled faces haunted our every other step. By the time we composed ourselves, the humans had already disappeared.

"What the hell happened? Is everyone okay?"
Asked Papyrus, attending to the wounded and searching for possible survivors.

"No, we're not! Blasted humans took our only home, killed hundreds of us and still expect us to oblige!"
I yelled, still heated with the rage those humans had caused me. Papyrus flinched at my tone and sighed, knowing I'd be pissed for a while to come.

"I know, Sans, I know. It's no use dwelling on it though, we should seek shelter and help the wounded."
Papy tried calming me down. I bit my pride and suppressed the burning feeling of revenge to help those who needed it. I swore on my life I wouldn't let the humans get away with it though. Not on my watch.

For a while I was lost in my own thoughts, unaware of my surroundings and whereabouts. I was on autopilot until something snapped me out of it.

"Wait, where's (r/n)?"
Said Papyrus, which immediately snapped me out. Flashbacks filled my already foggy mind.

"(Y/n)! No! Leave her alone! LET HER GO YOU HUMAN SCUMBAGS!"

They couldn't have taken her. She's a fighter, she's on our side.

Your POV:

I should have known my father was behind it. He hates monsters more than anything. More than he hates me. I was so furious yet so afraid. My mixed feelings made it even worse in me when the guilt came flushing in like a tsunami on an overpopulated shore. I left my friends behind in their time of need. I was nothing but a measly coward. Despite my turmoil, I managed to seek shelter in a more hidden monster base. I was immediately accepted among them. Asgore made sure that the other monsters knew that a human girl was on their side, in case I'd ever want to transfer.

I was assigned my own room, but I'd be able to access it after my shift and dinner time. Immediately after I was on duty in the kitchen. It wasn't particularly busy, the main thing I had to do was washing dishes. Up until dinner time everything was calm and time seemed to drag on. Then the dinner rush came. Monsters gathered and ordered their meals. The cafeteria filled up pretty quickly and dishes piled up threateningly fast. For a few hours I just scrubbed and cleaned, being in my own world all the while. I kept blaming myself for my father's doings. It was my fault they were under attack... I stopped. I held a knife in my hand and my skin began to ache. I had to... It was my only escape.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."
I kept repeating, thinking that it's okay if I just say sorry. And then I pierced my skin with the razor shaped blade. Blood immediately began to trickle out of the new wound, down my arm and into the sink. Then I sliced again. And again. I couldn't stop. My arm was covered fully in blood, some cuts were deeper than the others. I didn't bother wrapping my arm up, nobody would even know.

I finished up with the dishes and went to my room. Everything was blurry and dark. I couldn't see 5ft in front of me, I was focused on the floor. My empty stare then shifted to my door, once I stood in front of it. I unlocked it with the key I was given, and the door creaked open as I turned the knob. The room was humbly decorated and a single bed stood in the corner.

I sighed heavily and took off my dirty clothes. The dried blood stuck to the sleeves, so when I pulled them down, the scars reopened. It stung, yet it felt nice, familiar. No matter, I put in what I had managed to find in the wardrobe. Without hesitation, I plopped myself onto the bed and finally let out my frustration and pain. I broke.

"Another head hangs lowly, child is slowly taken. And the violence causes silence, who are we mistaken?"
I sang in my mind, trying to sing myself to sleep.
Then I sang out loud, my emotions taking over my body.

"But you see, it's not me, it is my family, in my head, in my head, they are fighting..."

Tears came pouring out like a waterfall, staining my already rosy cheeks. Eventually I managed to cry myself to sleep after feeling exhausted. A bright light shone in my room, but I shrugged it off as an illusion. Somehow, all the pain from the cuts faded away shortly after the light had died down. A strange coincidence, but I didn't care about it.

Oh I hope they're alright...
~~

The sun shone through the small window in my room and onto my face, disturbing my semi peaceful sleep. I grimaced at the light and slowly sat up. While rubbing my eyes I noticed that the pain I usually felt was gone. Curiously I pulled up my sleeves and saw absolutely no trace of my doings. I pulled up my shirt to see my sides. Spotless. I couldn't process the image I saw. What the hell was going on? It wasn't all just a dream, it couldn't have been. I reached for the area where my oldest scars used to be and immediately it all felt so off. The skin was paler and more sensitive to the touch. I paid it no mind and went on to change.

As I was walking to the cafeteria I saw that a small commotion was beginning to form at the front door. Since I was immediately drawn in, I decided to see what was going on. I made my way through the curious monsters and stood at the front of the group. What I saw made me cry tears of joy.

"Guys!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!"