Chapter 11

"Guys!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warning!

This story may trigger readers who suffer from anxiety, depression or PTSD. There are many mentions of domestic abuse, self harm, self loathing, suicidal thoughts and tendencies. If you are easily triggered or bothered by such content, proceed with caution.~W. D. Girl

Your POV:

I ran straight towards my friends. I thought I'd never see them again, yet there they were! I was overwhelmed with joy. I kept running until I spotted G. I was so happy to see him I jumped towards him and hugged him tightly. He seemed so shocked, he barely kept his feet on the ground. After he realised what had happened he chuckled in a playful fashion and hugged me back, holding me close to his body.

"Hey there Kitten, what's with the hugging?"
G teased and slowly let me go. I blushed and punched his arm, feeling conflicted yet happy. Happy to have them back.

"I thought you were... I'm glad you're back, you dork!"
I pouted as tears threatened to spill from the corners of my eyes. I hated myself for that, I hated being such a crybaby.

"Thought we were dead? It takes more than a little gunpowder to kill us!"
Laughed Undyne, patting my back as she passed me. Her toothy grin was genuine and it was honestly great to see.

G just smirked and made his way towards the base along with everyone else that made it back. The place became cramped pretty quickly, but we managed to get along well, even if had to wait longer for certain things. Of course, I still had to do my part in the base, serving food and cleaning dishes whenever it was needed. Occasionally I'd get a day off duty, which was a great excuse to stay in bed all day.

Today was one of those days. I woke up around noon, feeling the soreness from my immobility kick in. Stretching every possible muscle in my body helped me rid the soreness and get my blood pumping. I was prepared to start the day, yet I had no intention of doing anything productive. So I got up, walked around my room to stretch my legs, then plopped back on my bed-
Well, more like fell onto it. I stood in front of my bed and let gravity do its thing. My body sunk into the soft cushions of the bed as it absorbed the force of my fall. Once I stopped bouncing I pulled one of the bigger pillows closer and held it close to me, cuddling into it like a toddler into his favourite plush toy.

For a good couple of minutes I just kept laying on the bed before a knock at my door forced me to move again. I silently groaned to myself with my head buried into the pillow, and told the visitor to enter my room. I didn't bother removing my face from the soft fabric of the pillow, for it was destined to be in my grasp. It had no choice but to be my cuddle buddy. The cruelest fate that a pillow could stumble upon, but the sacrifice wasn't in vain.

The door to my room opened slowly and the visitors walked inside, closing the said door behind them. I heard a snort and a chuckle, presumably at the sight presented before them.

"I suppose that's one way to spend the day."
It was Papyrus. He sounded happy, which was a good sign.

"Hey Papyrus, what brings ya to such a remote spot in the base?"

"Remote...? But you're literally just a turn away from the main corridor."
He raised a bonebrow and looked at me curiously.