Chapter 9

I sighed in response to his remark but agreed. I knew that it would be a big challenge, yet if it meant I'd be helping him, I was going to endure the struggles. For his sake.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Warning!
This story may trigger readers who suffer from anxiety, depression or PTSD. There are many mentions of domestic abuse, self harm, self loathing, suicidal thoughts and tendencies. If you are easily triggered or bothered by such content, proceed with caution.
~W. D. Girl

I was running for my life. Thunder roared all around me, flashes of red and yellow light surround me on the meadow I used to love. I was frantically looking around for someone, but I couldn't see them anywhere. Where is he? My breaths got shallow and quick, making me slightly lightheaded. Why of all times did it have to happen now? I came to an abrupt stop as two strangers grabbed my forearms, lifting me off the ground like a ragdoll. I squirmed and screamed for help, but nobody came. I was going to be taken away and nobody would even notice. Where is he? What's going on? I want mommy!

----

I woke up panting heavily, tears streaming down my face like waterfalls. My head was pounding, pain knocking on my consciousness. Where's my razor? I need it! I looked all over my room to find my escape, to ease the mental pain, to distract myself... I found a spare razor in the bathroom's cabinet.

I'll stop smoking ONLY if you stop cutting.
His voice echoed in my head, reminding me of my promise. I just couldn't help myself.
For his sake.

With a heavy sigh I dropped the razor, quite literally, and leaned on the sink. How can I make it all go away otherwise? Cutting was the only thing that had effect... The tears wouldn't stop so I decided to take a hot shower and calm myself down.

The water trickled along my skin, cleansing the awful memories of the nightmare. It also stung my sides as the water came in contact with my half healed sides. It was awful, yet relaxing at the same time. It had less effect than cutting, but no blood was spilled and no promises were broken. It felt fairly good.

I stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my bare torso, my feet screaming for warmth as they came in contact with the cold ground beneath them. Dressing up in a casual, warm outfit I headed out my room, just to wander around the facility for a while. Perhaps I'd head towards the main balcony.

After minutes in silence, I found myself standing in the hall which had the only entrance to the balcony. And there I saw something I never thought I'd see. He was standing there, soft rain droplets falling from the sky while he held a cigarette in his hand. AND HIS TOP WAS MISSING.

Blood dripped from my nose and I squeaked at the realisation that I was staring

Blood dripped from my nose and I squeaked at the realisation that I was staring. And just then, when I thought I couldn't get any more embarrassed, he turns around to see my heating face with a bloody nose. He smirked and walked towards me, flicking his cigarette away.