Chapter 7: Dance Class

( 3 months Later)

Alex's POV

Ever since I started new to this school, everything's how I least expected it. I mean common, I thought that I'd be the lonely shy girl but instead I'd made some kick ass friends and best of all I already had an enemy. I had barely gotten out of Visual Arts class. My next assignment was to write a poem, which I thought was easy because I was a natural at writing poetry. Lunch was ok, all we did was just talk about our day and about the dance that was like two weeks away. I was still debating on whether or not to go, either way I still had time to think about it. Since it was modern dress, I actually thought it would be a dope dance to go but the thing that was holding be back is that you couldn't take any dates. I had to wait to be asked to dance. What is no one asked me? What if I just stood there throughout the whole thing looking like a dumbass? It would be a waste of time because I'd end up getting ready for nothing. Out of no where I was snapped back to reality because someone spoke up. It was Gabriel.

"Yo Alex, you ok? It looks like you were spacing out for a minute." he curiously looked me in the eye almost as if he was trying to read what I was thinking.

I nodded my head lightly, "Huh? What? Oh, yes of course. I was just thinking." I waved my hand to the side to push away the topic.

"Oh, well lunch is over in about," Daniel looked down at his NEFF watch on his wrist then looked back at me. "In five minutes, so we should probably start throwing our trash away. And head to out next class." I nodded making him know I understood what he just said.

"What class do you have next anyway?" Sam cut in.

"I have dance class next." I said while looking down at my schedule. "Yup dance class." I confirmed. I hated the fact that I always managed to forget what classes I had. Yup I was a dumbass I'll admit.

"Sweet I'll walk you there." I turned around and saw that Jared came around me and put an arm around my shoulder. "I have that class too anyways. I'll let you know as of right now, that class is wickedly gay."

I looked back at my friends who all looked at me with eyes wide. Almost as if they couldn't believe what they were looking at. For some reason I felt kinda uncomfortable because all eyes were on me and the hand around my shoulder. I turned to shrug off Jared's arm. "Ugh, well Gabriel has it to right?" Jared looked at him then at me and nodded. "well, why don't the three of us just walk together?" I looked at Gabriel who looked like he didn't like the idea one bit, instead I looked at the floor and ignored the awkward silence between everyone.

"Don't worry Alex," Gabriel spoke breaking the silence. I raised my head to look at him. "Just go with him I'll just catch you up in class later anyways." He held me in a tight hug while he gave Jared a serious glare. It looked as if he was tightening his jaw.

I pulled away from the hug and looked him in the eyes with a warm smile, "See you then punk." I playfully punch him in the shoulder.

He lightly chuckled, "Ouch" He put his hand on his shoulder pretending that he was in pain "I'll get you back Blake." I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him then turned and walked away.

--------------

As Jared and I started walking inside I kept thinking back to what just happened between Gabriel and Jared. Did they hate each other? Or Did they have a certain history together? I don't know. I tried shaking it off. I noticed that there was an awkward silence between the both of us, it's time to break the silence I thought, but as if on cue, it felt as if Jared read my thoughts because he was the one who broke the silence.