Chapter 21: Date Night

James' POV

--The Dream--

Feeling the cold autumn air flow against my skin made me shiver sending goosebumps all over my skin. I gently opened my eyes only to confront the view of tress all around me. I quickly sat up fast but was attacked with a massive headache. I placed my hands on either side oh my head hoping it would calm down. Trying again I gently picked myself up. Looking over again, I saw nothing but pine tress. Their wonderful smell surrounding my nostrils.

Catching my balance on a near by tree. I walked further into the forest hoping to find a crystal clear lake so I could take a drink. At the thought of drinking water, My throat then began to ache from thirst. Only, it craved... Water. Not blood. Whatever I must be really thirsty. I pushed it aside and walked more. My feet started to ache as well. Probably filled with blisters. Why was I walking when I have super speed? I took a deep breath and took off running into the forest. The odd part is, that I only ran about ten feet in. What was wrong with me? Am I that weak?

The sun was now at it's highest and it didn't bother my eyesight. Without a doubt, I pushed it aside and walked until I was now in front of a crystal clear blue lake. I ran to it and immediately cupped my hands into the water, bringing them to my mouth so I could feel it rush down my throat. I was about to get another drink when I noticed how dirty my skin was. Dirt was caked and dried on my face, but that was the least of my worries. What worried me most is that I saw my reflection in the water. My skin looked more alive then ever, my eyes look more vibrant then ever. Vampires didn't have reflections! I jumped back in horror. That would explain the non-blood craving and not being able to run fast.

"How can this be?" I questioned myself.

I sat on a nearby rock and put my head down. So much crazy shit was happening to me, and I couldn't determine why. My peace and quiet was then disrupted by a loud female dreadful cry that would've made my ears bleed. Although it sounded familiar, I shot up and followed the cries deep into the woods.

"Help!" the cries began getting closer as I ran deeper. "Help!!"

Pushing my way through skin piercing bushes, my eyes landed on the most horrifying view. In front of me lay a wounded Alex who had a dagger plugged deep into her chest area. Blood was gushing out of the wound wildly that it made me want to throw up. Quickly rushing to her side, I picked her up off the floor.

"Alex!" I yelled in panic. "Alex, wake up!" I pressed my fingers close to her neck to find a pulse. Luckily I found one, But it was beating lightly. She was still alive, but she was slowly dying. My eyes began to burn, like a wild flame exposed to destroy anything it crosses. Hot tears poured out of my eyes uncontrollably. I put my head down but then I felt her chest rise and she slowly fluttered her eyes open.

"James?" she looked up at me with sad grey eyes. I could've bare to look at her and the condition she was in. "Y-you left me. W-why?" she sputtered.

"Left you? Where did I leave?" I questioned her quickly. I had to know what happened to her. Who did this!

"You love her too. More than me. You left with her." Her eyes began to droop and her breathing decreased.

"Who!?" I didn't love anymore who wasn't Alex. I loved her more than everything and anything on this earth. Although I've never told her how much I loved her, she was the only one for me. "Alex, I never left you. Open your eyes I'm right here. Please Alex," My eyes were now streaming with tears. "I lo-"

I cut myself off when I felt her last breath escape from her lips.

No.

No!