Chapter 19: Dream on Dreamer

James' POV

The fireworks were coming to and end and Alex wasn't back yet. I pulled my phone out and checked the time. Alex and Paula had been gone for more than half an hour. What's taking them so long? I turned around and skimmed the area to see if they had gone somewhere or were at least coming back. But no, they were no where in sight. I got worried but as long as Alex is with Paula, she should be ok. I turned back to the sky and kept looking at the night sky as it was lit by millions of lights. I laid back down on my back with my arms crossed under my head. And then the worst thing I could possibly hear came to me.

"James!" I sprang up and turned to see Paula running toward us.

"What's wrong?" I said quickly. I looked around her. "Where's Alex?" I demanded. Where was she? She wasn't with Paula. Nor anywhere to be seen.

"Rose," She panted. "She's here. Snapped my neck, took Alex, both gone. I'm sorry!" She broke down into sobs.

"What do you mean she's gone! Rose took her?!" I yelled. Paula nodded in response. This could not be happening, one moment Alex is with Paula and the next she's been kidnapped by Rose.

Damn it! Where could she possibly take her? I turned then to see the rest of the gang running to where we were standing.

"What's all the commotion about?" Jared said looking back and forth between Paula and I.

"Alex has been kidnapped by Rose." Paula spoke for me since I couldn't even process those dreaded words.

"What do you mean kidnapped! You were suppose to be watching her!" Jared said with his temper rising in him.

"I was watching her!" she yelled back, "Rose came in from behind me and snapped my neck. When I woke up, Alex and Rose were both gone."

"We need to find her, quick" Beau said coolly. "We'll start tonight. We have to split up and look everywhere, they shouldn't have gotten far."

"The best places to check are outside our territory boarders." I turned to Alexander as he then joined the conversation.

I nodded in agreement and then I was off running toward my car. I needed to find her as soon as possible. Who knows what that crazy bitch wanted with Alex. All I know is that I can't let Alex get hurt. Nor bonded with someone else...

"James wait up!" I turned around and saw Jared running my way. "I'll go with you." I nodded and we both stepped into the car and drove off into the night in search of my beloved Alex.

I drove in great speeds. So fast, Almost as if the speed meter would break due to the fact that it didn't have enough mileage. I tighten my hands on the wheel hard, having the feeling that my knuckles would burst right out of my skin. Many thoughts came into mind that I managed to not hear Jared talking.

"James!" He called. "Are you even listening?"

"What?.... Ugh yeah, yeah, of course I am." I waved him off.

"Well if you did hear me, most likely that you didn't. But Do you have a similar smell of Alex? Like her blood? Any type of scent?" he questioned.

Alex's blood smell was like a drug that I couldn't have. Stronger than any meth or ecstasy. One that is rare to find. One that is all mine. Her scent was beyond familiar to me now. Especially when she sleeps in my arms. Having to inhale the sweet smell of it.

"Ugh yeah I do actually." I responded.

"Shouldn't be hard to find then. Any sweater of her's in hear?"