Chapter 22: We are One

Chapter 22 : We are One

Alex's POV

My heart was skipping so wildly, I was surprised to know I was still alive. I kept looking down at the white box that rested on James' hand. My eyes were trying their best not to cry with tears of joy, but sadly it wasn't working.

I kept standing there looking down at the perfectly shaped box. I felt frozen to the floor because I didn't know what to do next. Should I tackle James to the floor and hug him? But then I thought, is it even what I think it is? For all I knew it could be a necklace or bracelet.

James cleared his throat and spoke, "I feel like this is too early, but whenever I'm with you, I feel an eternity. I feel like I've known you my whole life, and to be honest, I want to know you for the rest of my life."

Everything he kept saying was making my heart beat widely, the butterflies in my stomach must have mutated into something bigger because they felt stronger.

"James," I spoke slowly. "I don't know what say..." I was being honest because well what the hell was I suppose to say!?!

James' eyes were sparkling brighter than an any star in the sky. Everything about him was simply perfect.

"Alexandria," He cleared his throat and spoke with a deep voice, "Will you accept this promise ring as a way to prove that I love you and only you. And I'm whiling to spend a whole eternity with you. Without you I see no future."

That was it! My heart exploded that very second I heard James say those words.

"Yes!" I cheered loudly. That very second James' smile turned into a huge grin.

He stood up and placed his hands on both sides of my waist and pulled in to kiss me. My eyes fluttered close and I kissed him back passionately. I wrapped my arms around his neck to bring him in closer. He then tightened his grip on me and pulled me in so close that not a single stray of air could come between us. He picked me up and carried me to the room where the bed was. He laid me down gently and climbed back on. Slowly kissing me, he began making a trail of kisses down my neck. When he reached the collar of my dress, I heard him growl under his breath.

As he continued to kiss down my neck, I began to moan a bit. His lips left so warm against my skin that it was sending chills. Slowly I felt his hand make its way towards my back and began to pull down on the zipper of my dress. He gently pulled it down until it was completely off.

I froze for a second at the though of me in my bra and panties underneath James. I felt him pick his head up and look down at me. I blushed in shyness as his eyes wandered all over my body. Quickly, I grabbed the covers and tried to cover myself.

"What's wrong Alex?" He asked with a hint of sadness in his voice.

Nothing was wrong. I was just shy that he may have expected more from me or something.

James smirked down at me and continued his kisses. This time he kissed me even lower. He began to kiss me down between my breast. My moans became louder and my breathing got heavier.

Purposely I pushed my body closer to his wanting a deeper touch.

My body had a mind of its own tonight.

We continued to kiss each other for a while to the point in which I didn't even notice James was already in his boxers. His body pressed against mine felt so good and so right.

I wanted him...

"James.." I said between heavy breathing.

"Yes my love?" He spoke softly into my ear sending a trail of goosebumps down my neck.