Chapter 20: His final words

Alex's POV

"Get off her!" I heard Gabriel growl. Zachary tensed in place and laughed evilly at the entrance that Gabriel had just made. Zachary got off me and turned to face Gabriel, who's face now was blood red from anger. Even his eyes changed to a deep black. Making them look like bottomless pits.

"Or what?" Zachary said sarcastically. "You're going to kill me with your death powers or what? Rose wouldn't be too happy, would she?"

Death powers? How crazy were these guys? One tried to rape me and the other automatically has 'Death powers?'

"Shut up Zach! I give two shits if Rose isn't pleased about me killing you. If so then let her kill me for betrayal." Gabriel challenged. He was now breathing heavily almost as if steam were to come out of his ears like they do in cartoons when they get angry. He then turned his head to face me. "But not before I get her out of here."

I froze in place. Was he really going to help me escape? Wasn't he one of the reasons I was here in the first place? I could barely manage to keep my eyes on him. Not too long ago, If I recall, I told him to fuck off and never bother me again. I couldn't decide if I should or shouldn't be mad at him.

"Please," Zachary waved him off. "You and what army! You have to get threw me." he crossed his arms together and gestured at himself. Was he normally this cocky?

"That's where you're wrong. James and his gang are on their way down here as we speak." ok, this time my heart really did freeze. James was on his way! I was going to get rescued. A wave of relief washed over me. And to think that I was about to be raped by Zachary. "And if killing you is the only way to get her out of here, then so be it."

At that very moment, Zachary charged at Gabriel. In a quick swift motion, Gabriel stepped to the left, which caused Zachary to crash right into the wall, head first. Correct me if Im wrong, but Zachary looked knocked out.

Ouch.

Gabriel made his way to me and looked down at me with wandering eyes. I was almost naked. All I had on were my bra and panties. "See something you like?" I called him back to reality.

He shook his head, "Sorry," He pulled a pocket knife from his jeans and began cutting through the ropes that were tight to my wrist. He got one off and before he could move to the second, Zachary pulled him right off. Gabriel was thrown into the wall. His body impact caused a huge hole on the wall. He lay limply on the floor. Suddenly, blood was dripping from his mouth and the back of his head, my only hope was that he was still alive.

With great panic, I scanned the bed were I laid and saw the pocket knife that Gabriel had moments ago. He must've dropped it before being pulled off because it was a few inches away from where my arm was. I reached for it with my free hand barley being able to clutch it. Getting a good grip I began cutting my way out. But at that moment Zachary snatched the pocket knife right out of my hand slashing my palm as the blade slid through.

"agh!" I cried In pain. I looked at my hand and saw that it was dripping red crimson blood. "Bloody hell! Look what you did to my hand!" I yelled at Zachary who turned around and smirked.

"Now that he's out of the picture," I knew he was talking about Gabriel, "let's continue what we started." Again, making his way to were I lay, he intended to get on me, but this time in a swish motion, I saw a bat make contact with the back of his head. Last I saw were his eyes roll back into his head and collapse to the ground. I lifted my head and saw Gabriel struggling to get up.

He held on to the wall for support and made his way to the bed side and ripped off the rest of the rope that had my legs tied. Before I could jump off the bed and celebrate for my freedom, I ran to Gabriel who lost total support and felt to the floor. I ran to his side and kneeled down right beside him. His face looked deathly pale due to all the blood loss. I picked his head up in my arm and spoke.