Chapter 13: Surprise Gift and Letter?

Alex's POV

I walked home alone because I wasn't in the mood for talking to anyone. All I wanted was peace and quiet while I played music. Music always managed to help me clear my mind off of things, and all I wanted to clear out was what had happened earlier today. I kissed James, or should I say we had to kiss. Anyways, all I had asked him was if it was awkward to him about our kiss, although to me it wasn't, and all he did was give me and expressionless face and walked away. Had I said it wrong? Many questions kept running through mind like, Did he feel how I felt when we kissed? Does he regret it since he still loves his old girlfriend? And finally, did he feel those shockwaves I felt when we touched?

On my home, I couldn't help but to pay attention to the young girl around my age sitting on a bench looking my way. Almost as if she were taking mind notes on me. She was magnificently beautiful, I bet every guy would fall head over heels. She had long beach blond hair, creamy skin like mine, and big bright emerald eyes. Her appearance was perfection. Like a vampire sexy like. After a minute of her looking at me I felt a little bit awkward. I turned my head away towards the floor and picked up my pace. As I walked I could still feel her eyes on me because my back felt like a million spiders were crawling on it.

Five minutes later I was at the Deadly Rose. Adam was outside as always ready to open the door for any visitors. I walked up and gave him a smile, I tried to make my way toward the elevator because I just wanted to go to my apartment and lay down but not before I was stopped by the voice of Adam's.

"Alex, something came in for you." what? Something for me.

"Really? What is it?" I asked curiously.

"I actually thought that you would know since you've been waiting for it. Any guesses?" He chuckled.

I looked at him with my eyes squinted trying to figure out what he was talking about, but nothing can to mind. I took random, stupid guesses. "Is it a hot rockstar here to sweep me off my feet?"

He rolled his eyes and I laughed, "No Alex, guess again."

"Umm... Is it a brand new guitar? I could use a new one by now." He shook his head. "Well I don't know, how about you tell me?" I asked in my bribing voice. He walked over to the check-in desk and pulled something from underneath. A white box. My dress! If was finally here! How had I even forgotten about it? I squealed and ran to the desk where the white box was. "Oh my gosh! The dress is finally here!" I could tell that there was a huge smile plastered on my face.

"They dropped it off a few hours ago, I signed for you and took it." I hugged him tightly, to my surprise he hugged back.

"Thank you so much Adam."

"You're welcome Miss. Blake" He teased.

I rolled my eyes at him playfully and then picked up the box heading towards my apartment room, "Well I'll see you later Adam."

"Wait," I stopped and turned around to see him. "I have a little surprise gift for you."

"Gift? What kind of gift?" As of now I was totally curious. What could have Adam possibly gotten me? He ducked back down under the desk and this time he pulled out a velvet colored shoe box. "Shoes?" it was all I could manage to say.

"Indeed. High-heeled shoes to be exact." He opened the box and revealed a pair of five inched black laced heels. They were open from the front and had a black bow for decoration. The heels were incredibly gorgeous.

"Wow, they're really beautiful."

He cleared his throat and spoke, "I thought you could use a new pair of heels for the ball since the ones you had were starting to get a little worn from having to practice in them almost everyday."