Chapter 8: Romeo & Juliet

James' POV

As I was putting my stuff away in my backpack I couldn't help but over hear Jared saying goodbye to Alexandria. She said that literature was her next class, well so was mine, not that she already knew though, we had every freakin' class together ever since she moved here. I saw her putting her stuff way. 'Walk her to class this is your chance' I stood there looking around to see if someone had said that, but no. I knew right away that it was my mind that spoke to me. 'Go to her before she leaves dumbass' I growled at my own mind because I hated it when people told me what to do. But then again my mind was right. I walked up behind her and asked her, "I'll walk you to class"

She jumped up almost startled at the sound of my voice, "Holy Shit! You scared me"

I almost laughed but I held it in, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." I smiled faintly.

"You didn't scare me," She said a little too quickly "You just caught me by surprise." I could tell she was denying the whole scare part, but whatever she was scared.

"Right, so is it ok if I walk you to class?"

She stood there looking at me for a while almost as if she couldn't believe on what she had just heard but then she spoke, "Sure... Why not?"

Wow that was easier than I thought, I couldn't believe she had actually agreed to let me walk her to class, I thought she would've told me to fuck off like she has these past few months every time I pissed her off. "Great, shall we go?" She nodded her head in response and we both walked out.

Our walk was the most awkward silence I've ever been in because neither of us said a word to each other. 'Ask her how her day is going' my mind said. I coughed lightly and spoke, "So Alexandria, how's your day going?"

She looked at my first, piercing me with those big grey eyes of her's, she breathed in heavily than spoke, "It's great I guess nothing much has happened, oh and you can call me Alex you know?" she shrugged her shoulders lightly.

"Oh I know, I just... Seem to like your full name better." She turned to look at me again and raised her eye brow. I must have looked like a retard because she chuckled lightly.

"Is that so? Well thanks I guess no one has ever said that, you're the first. I never knew my actual name sounder better than my nickname," she shrugged. "I thought they sounded the same."

"Well they do sound the same, I just like Alexandria better, anyways I wanted to apologize about what happened back there in dance class, I didn't mean to snap"

"Like I said before, it's no big deal dude, no reason to apologize, just make sure you don't snap at me again or it won't be pretty next time." She smirked. Wow and to think that her attitude attracted me to her, yet it does.

I chuckled lightly, "Don't worry, as long as you watch what comes out of your mouth-"

She cut me off, "Or you could just watch yours 'cause if I recall you're the one who starts everything" She looked at me with a hint of seriousness in her eyes but I couldn't argue with her because she was right. "Anyways why are you being nice? We haven't gotten along since the first day I got here, what's the deal?"

What she said caught me totally of guard because I had absolutely no idea on how I was even suppose to answer her question. I mean common sure I disliked her in the beginning because I hated the fact that she was my soul mate, but yet here I stood in front of her, everything about her just threw me off, she was just too beautiful to be my mate. I bet any other guy would be extremely happy to know that she belonged to them. Just at the thought of that, it made me tighten my fist and clench my jaw, wasn't I suppose to dislike her? She kept looking at me waiting to answer her question. My only option was to change the subject because there was no way in answering her, "Look, we're here, literature. My second favorite class."