Chapter 9: The Perfect Dress

Alex's POV

When we headed out the lobby I saw Adam standing in front of the main entrance door. His job was to open the door for guest and help them carry their stuff to their room. "Good evening Miss. Blake, how are you today?" He asked.

"I'm doing great thanks for asking," I smiled warmly, he was a nice guy since the first day I saw him. He picked me up at the airport and use to take me to drop me off at college when I barely got here. "How are you?"

"I'm great, you're heading out?" he asked.

"Ugh.. Yeah my friends and I are heading out to the mall and shop for our dresses for the upcoming ball."

"Oh I see, well have fun." He nodded and opened the door for us.

Once outside I noticed the sky was kinda gloomy, yet it looked so beautiful. Back in Maine, the sky would always look like this, it was always dark and grey because it rained a lot, but I loved it so much. I remembered the memory of Richard and I running outside without our shoes dancing and twirling like idiots in the rain. He would always do his stupid Indian dance to make the rain go way but in the end the rain would get thicker and faster. We eventually got in trouble by our parents because we were soaked like sponges. The next day we both woke up sick with the cold. My momma thought that we had learned our lesson, but she thought wrong because when we were cured the first thing we did was run out and play in the rain. Suddenly I heard myself speak, "I hope it rains today."

I snapped out of my memory and heard Sam speak,"Are you crazy! Have you ever experienced a rain shower over here? I think not, the streets always end up flooded." My only response was mouthing an 'oh' at her.

"Um just wondering, but who's driving?" I asked curiously looking around and noticed that neither Daniel, Damon or Sam had their car.

They all looked at me and laughed as if though I'd said something funny, Damon spoke, "Well I was going to bring my car but they told me not to because they wanted to take you on the tubes."

"Tubes?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

He nodded eagerly, "Yeah buddy, they're pretty damn cool because they travel throughout most of London and show you around." He linked his arm through mine and pulled me away. "Common let's go, I would actually like to get my suit measurements fitted and find an awesome mask."

"Right! Let's go, I need the perfect dress if I wanna dance and not make a fool of myself standing alone." Sam cut in right after Damon dragged me along.

When we got to the tubes it reminded me of Maine, only that instead of having to take the bus we had tubes here. The tubes were by far extremely crowded. We literally had to suck in our stomachs so we could squeeze through all the people who also wanted to ride. We all stood close linking our arms together because I was pretty sure we would end up lost in this crowd of people. When I felt the tube moving I looked out the window and couldn't held but admire how beautiful London truly was. It was full of life and emotion. Everyone I saw was walking and talking with whoever they were with. When the tube came to a stop after like fifteen minutes of suffocating in there, we walked out and I took in the beautiful view. There was an enormous fountain in the middle spraying out crystal clear water surrounded by many statues, the place was packed by many people walking through some rushing and some just having a good time. This place was just breath taking.

"Welcome to Trafalgar Square Alex! The most calming, busy, yet beautiful place in London... Well from my point of view at least." I turned my head slightly and saw Gabriel talking.

"Wait, wait, wait... Where exactly are we shopping for out clothing?" I asked looking around seeing no mall. "You guys said that we were going to a mall." I frowned.