Chapter 14: The Dance

BEEP!

BEEP!

BEEP!

I opened my eyes only to let the suns rays sting my eyes which eventually caused me to turn over and burry myself under all the blankets. I checked the time and it was 10:55 a.m. Today I didn't have to worry about school because due to the fact that the dance was today, there was no school because the staff and other students would be helping set up everything for tonight. I honestly couldn't wait. Tonight would be a night to shine and even remember, I'd be wearing my beautiful black dress and the amazing heels that Adam had given me.

I sat up and stretched my muscles because it felt like I had a lot of knots on my back. I got up and walked into the bathroom to take a shower, I decided to do everything a little early because I didn't want to be rushing at last minute. I stripped from my clothing and turned the warm water on. When I stepped in my whole skin got goosebumps due to the touch of the water. I stood under the water for a while after shampooing, scrubbing, and shaving I stepped out and walked out into my closet. I pulled out black panties that said BOSS on the back and a black bra to match. After that I slipped into yellow skinny jeans and my black and yellow All Time Low band shirt.

I walked out and grabbed my laptop so I could Skype with Richard. I hadn't talked to him in almost a week, I was starting to miss that little boy or should I say my little big brother. I logged on and sent Richard a request. After a minute or so if waiting for him to answer, he finally did.

"Alex?" He spoke.

"Well it's not the neighbor! How are you?"

He shrugged, "Could be better." Something was bugging him and I could tell due to the tone of his voice.

"Something is obviously wrong, so spill."

He stood there quietly not saying a single word, "Nothing, can we please just drop it?"

"No, you're my brother and I'm suppose to care for you," I hated to see him like that. "And besides, it hurts me to see my brother all down."

He took in a deep breath and sighed, "Fine, well remember we had the talent show and you helped me practice?" I nodded for him to go on, "Well I played a different song and dedicated it to this girl I like, when I played the song she walk out mad and upset almost as if she were embarrassed. I don't know why but when I told her about my feelings and everything, she told me to get lost. Emo guys are not her thing. She thinks we're all a bunch of low life's who need to stop cutting ourselves." First of all we were not emos, secondly we don't cut ourselves and lastly, this bitch was going to get her ass beat when I get back.

"Who does she think she is!" I practically yelled. I hated it when people insulted my family.

"My crush," he shrugged his shoulders.

"Well whenever I get back your crush will be crushed with my fist." I said making it sound sarcastic but in reality I meant it. What I had said caused Richard to chuckle lightly.

"You're playing right?" He sounded serious but then again he was still laughing.

"Umm... Of course I am," I said slowly. "Not!" I burst out laughing.

"Still the same immature Alex that left I see." He rolled his eyes.

"Still the same baby cakes I last saw at the airport." I wiggled my eyebrows at him with an evil grin.

"Don't call me that! I've told you millions of times, I hate that name." he crossed his arms like a little boy who had just been grounded for not eating his vegetables.