𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓭𝓻𝓪𝓵

𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓾𝓻𝓬𝓱, 𝓷𝓸 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓷 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮

𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓾𝓻𝓬𝓱, 𝓷𝓸 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓷 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮. - 𝓣𝓮𝓻𝓻𝔂 𝓣𝓮𝓶𝓹𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓪𝓶𝓼

"Why is that of any concern, officer Moss?"

There was concern in his eyes.
Maybe because I was a new face in town, or maybe because I was in Polly Shelbys kitchen and didn't seem completely uncomfortable.

"This is a police inspection on state security level, Miss, and I am asking for your name."

His voice was calm, and he seemed to have himself under control, unlike one of the other men, who now came barging into the room, ripping open cupboards and drawers.

"Say, what is my name going to help you to find what you are looking for?"

I stubbornly crossed my arms, looking up at the officer with a challenging look on my face.
Provoking an officer whilst trying to stay low profile is probably not the best idea, but now it's too late anyways.
If I back down now, I'd just look like a weak-minded little girl.

"You're not in the place to ask questions, woman."

It was the aggressive police man, who was in the room with us, who now spoke up.
Or to be clear, spit out.
Over my last few weeks here I haven't been in contact with a lot of different men and luckily all those I met were respectful towards women.
But of course you'll find assholes everywhere.

"You don't have the rang to ask questions, conard."

My voice was poisoned with disgust and I put on my best arrogant face.
Much to my pleasure the officer actually lost his face for a second, sadly enough though he quickly stepped in front of me and grabbed my upper arm with a tight grip.

"Don't you dare talk back to me, dirty whore."
To underline his shameful words he spit into my face.
At this point I was very close to losing my temper, was all I wanted to do kick his balls so hard he'd never be able to make an heir.
But Moss was faster than me, as he pulled the bastard away from me.

"That is enough, Jones, back off. We checked the house."

Still our eyes were locked into each other, filled with so much hate, the air around us felt like it got colder.
Not breaking said eye contact, I wiped his spit off my cheek and scrunched my nose in disgust.

Without another word the police men left the house and a very angry Polly came back into the kitchen.

"Those bastards, they knew the boys weren't here to stop them. Where is Ada, we need to find her."

My mind was racing through all the events which were supposed to happen soon.
Ada is with Freddie, but Polly can't know about that just yet.
Freddie will bring her to his neighbour but the police will find her papers.