𝓑𝓸𝓷𝓴𝓮𝓻𝓼

𝓨𝓸𝓾’𝓻𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓭, 𝓫𝓸𝓷𝓴𝓮𝓻𝓼, 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓵𝔂 𝓸𝓯𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭. 𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓘’𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪 𝓼𝓮𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓽. 𝓐𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓮.
𝓛𝓮𝔀𝓲𝓼 𝓒𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓵

The next day was torture.

I slowly but surely became paranoid because of my many encounters with the police.
Didn't matter where I went I always felt like somebody was watching of following me.
And supposedly I was right.

Being late as always, I almost ran to work. Why did I have to fall back asleep...
I made a mental note to my self to never say "Just five more minutes, I have enough time" ever again.

Because guess what, I didn't have enough time.

It wasn't far anymore and I slowed down a bit, knowing that if I continued to run like this, I'd end up breathing like a walrus the minute I arrived at the Shop.

A second later I saw Maddie stepping out of her door, instantly spotting me as well.
Her eyes scanned the road once before approaching me with a big smile, and still I didn't miss how her eyes lingered on something a bit further behind me for a second longer.

"Morning Belle."

The younger one engulfed me in a hug, which I instantly returned.

"Act natural you're being followed."
She whispered into my ear.

"Good to see you Maddie."

"You too, so what did you do the last few days?"
Her face showed a bright and unbothered smile but in her voice there was a slight hint of curiosity.
Most likely because of the copper behind us.

"Oh you know, this and that, nothing special, just taking a few strolls around town."

I tried to make it sound as casual as possible, which in the end just turned into a false innocence.
Oh well.

The corners of Maddie's lips were twitching, as if she had troubles not breaking into a grin.
All of a sudden her expression changes though.

"Oh by the way we're heading to London next week."

I would have paid to be able to see my facial expressions in that moment. That was proven when Maddie bursted into laughter.

"Watch out, you might seem too excited." She pressed out inbetween laughing strokes.

An unamused chuckle left my mouth, while I was still pulling an upset face.
Why does everything have to be so difficult at the moment?
Like, sure I am glad that the story is moving on and I haven't completely destroyed the whole space-time continuum, yet.
But with the police on my ass and Thomas Shelby still being suspicious of me, I am not sure if I'd be able to handle another gangster in London so well.
And knowing my incredible luck, there is no way I won't meet either Sabini or Solomon, hoping for the latter if I had any say in this.

Subconsciously I pushed the door to the boutique open and it was the bell above the door that pulled me out of my train of thoughts.

"What kind of event will we attend? Are we gonna wear the dresses I designed? How long are we going to stay in London? Where are we going to stay? Do I even-"

"Wow calm your horses Belle, I already forgot your first question and it's too early in the day for me to think fast."

I put my coat on the hanger in the back and took a deep breath before asking my questions again.
Just a bit slower.