𝓑𝓮𝓽𝓻𝓪𝔂𝓪𝓵

𝓢𝓸𝓶𝓮𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝔃𝓮, 𝓰𝓸𝓽 𝓪 𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓮 𝓘'𝓭 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓻𝓪𝔂𝓮𝓭- 𝓣𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓻 𝓢𝔀𝓲𝓯𝓽

"Would you at least walk a little slower?

Madeline was desperately trying to keep up with my fast pace with her heeled boots and short legs.
A sudden sense of urgency had filled me when I put on the same clothes I wore the day I woke up in this very strange time.
The throbbing pain in my head was forgotten, just thinking about the coffee I was about to drink once I arrived at the Garrison.
Or shall I say 'we'.

Madeline Westwood was insisting on me being still too weak to walk around.
To leave my bed at all for that matter.
Will on the other hand had long given up trying to reason with me.

"I'm positive that your body needs rest at the moment."

"Who out of the two of us used to be a nurse? Please tell."

During our short conversation we reached the Garrison pub and I took one last look at her frowning face, before pulling open the doors.

She was right about the current state of my body, however she didn't have to know that.

The loud chatter of the men was surrounding us the second we stepped inside.
Nobody seemed to pay much attention to any newcomers, except for one, but barmaids don't count.

When Grace Burgess dropped the glass which she was drying off, to the floor, the sudden noise seemed to get the attention of everybody present.
One by one their eyes followed her petrified stare and met mine.

Her reaction told me everything I needed to know about her involvement in my kidnapping and I'd like to say I was surprised.
However a small part of me knew that the friendship we had was never actually sincere.
At least not from her side.

"Belle?!"

John stood up quickly enough for his chair to fall over backwards, before rushing over to where Maddie and I were still standing at the door.
Not a single word was uttered as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me into his chest.

"Hey Johnny."

My face was pressed into his shirt while my hands were grasping the fabric of his jacket, but I was sure he heard me anyways.

"I was so scared, Belle. I thought you were- I thought I had lost you."

His voice was quiet, only meant for me to hear.

"You didn't say goodbye so just hoped that you'd come back."

"I promise I'm not going anywhere."

I felt the pressure of a kiss on the crown of my head, before he took a step back and my eyes met Arthurs.
At least for a second before they traveled down to his throat which was still adorned with a circular bruise.